Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2024 10:40:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8]
It seems I still haven't recovered from my strange addiction to Turkish made pistols.
I just bought the STR-9MC version that's optics ready, night sights, and 3 mags.
Any negatives to this pistol?
All the YouTube reviews are really positive.
Thanks

ETA
Took it to the range today. Ran without hiccup over a wide variety of ammo types.
The good:
-Excellent trigger
-Great grip stippling that provides a solid purchase even with large mits like mine.
-Accurate.
-Red dot cowitnesses without the need of adapter plates.

Not so good:
-Recoil. Not bad for a seasoned shooter but she is snappy and I wouldn't recommend this pistol to a new or recoil sensitive person.
-Dirty blowback. This is the only pistol I've ever owned that causes carbon/soot to buildup on the red dot's glass. It became noticable around 150 rounds and I had to wipe the glass off at the 250 round mark. And this wasn't steel Tula ammo. I was shooting brass cased from several different manufacturers

Overall very pleased and I'll be adding it to my EDC rotation.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
If you mean the Combat.  No, it's phenomenal.   I have one too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
If you mean the Combat.  No, it's phenomenal.   I have one too.
View Quote
No, the MC - Micro Compact
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, no idea then
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:23:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top