Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2024 4:19:47 PM EDT
I'm trying to install a front night sight on my dagger compact frames and the sight took will not grab the original sight. I've tried to heat it up with  blow dryer, to no avail. Any recommendations on how to remove the sight?

Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a hard time removing the front sight from a Glock 45 and Glock 19 gen 5 using the tool I had used previously. I ended up buying this tool and it was able to grab onto the nut and remove them easily.

Amazon link, tool with multiple attachments

Haven't actually tried to remove the sites on a dagger because the rear sights are notoriously hard to remove.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Never heard of squirrel gun parts before

The tool I posted was recommended by some reddit users last year and like I said, it got off two really stubborn front sight screws. That was after I did the heat trick and everything.  Then I switch to the 3/16 tool and just popped it out from underneath.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve used a soldering iron to get Loctite on sights to loosen.  I put the hot tip on the screw and it gets it pretty hot enabling me to get the sight off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top