Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 11:37:33 AM EDT
I've tried various combinations of pants and belts to carry my Walther Q4 SF for edc.  I can carry it reasonably comfortably but it eventually drags the waistline down.  I was thinking of a suspender system to alleviate the issue.  Preferably a setup built with edc in mind.  I typically carry at 3 o'clock but occasionally aiwb.  Anything out there that would meet these requirements?  A wider/cushioned shoulder strap would be great as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Perry's suspenders, the clip goes under your belt, so no damage to the belt.  I wear an Atlas Volund gun belt, so not the narrowest of belts and the suspender clip will work with that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrimEReaper] [#2]
I just got in these today. I will try to report back later.

Melo Tough Tactical Suspenders...

Melotough tactical suspenders

Edit - update. I like them but Im 6ft and big belly/ chest. They don't have much left to go any bigger. But with a good ratchet belt they feel great with my IWB 4" 1911. Very secure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you OP and contributors.  When I was younger I wore military issue suspenders under my blouse because I didn’t have big enough hips for a belt to be effective.  Now that I’m older I have a spare tire that keeps pushing down my damned belt.  This thread is very relevant to my interest.  I have a use for both sources of suspenders mentioned here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:
Thank you OP and contributors.  When I was younger I wore military issue suspenders under my blouse because I didn’t have big enough hips for a belt to be effective.  Now that I’m older I have a spare tire that keeps pushing down my damned belt.  This thread is very relevant to my interest.  I have a use for both sources of suspenders mentioned here.
View Quote

Yep im built like an upside down triangle with no butt lol. The suspenders that support the belt and a nice carry belt and I've solved my carry woes. It's been time I figure it out. I had a issue happen last week that pushed me to solve my carry issues.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I like Perry's suspenders, the clip goes under your belt, so no damage to the belt.  I wear an Atlas Volund gun belt, so not the narrowest of belts and the suspender clip will work with that.
View Quote

I wore Perry's for years in plain clothes with a belt full of junk and they were great. There's a few varieties but they're cheap, see what works best. Different colors too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear suspenders that have the "jaws" that clip AROUND the belt loops. They are next to my skin with all my shirts being on top of the suspenders. It took a few weeks to get used to this but they are leather thus quite strong and hold my EDC and two spare mags with ease.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top