Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter]
How close can we get it to the trigger guard?  That was my mission this morning.

The closest you can get it out of the box is to use the 1913-1 block in it’s proper orientation on the pic rail slot closest to the muzzle.  It looks like this:
Attachment Attached File

And then this is the outcome when mounted on a full size USP 45:
Attachment Attached File

It’s not bad, but it left a little to be desired for me so I started messing with the options.  I found none of the other inserts brought it closer in any orientation, but the same 1913-1 block fits the pic rail nearest the trigger guard when reversed, and looks like this:
Attachment Attached File

You can see I filed the back (originally front) of the block to give a little clearance for a screwdriver to make opening the battery compartment easier:
Attachment Attached File

Only issue is the bottom of the block is slotted for that battery cap retainer wire.  I don’t want it messing with my laser zero between battery changes so I made a slot in the bottom with a small file.  Now the wire goes through clean, without any rattling and the light should lock up more consistently. Plus the wire has the exact same travel for battery changes as it had with the block in the other orientation:
Attachment Attached File

Ultimately it mounts about 3mm further back (maybe less)
Attachment Attached File

And a photo of clearance with the trigger guard:
Attachment Attached File

It’s not a huge difference, but this seems like as close as it can possibly get toward the back of the rail without removing material from the housing.  It seems worth it to me.  It’s taken me longer to make this post.

Anyway I’m not sure how this mounting system compares to the TLR1HL, and I’ll leave it to you guys to say if this is helpful for anything other than the VIR II.  And hope this helps someone in the future.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!  I have a TLR1HL on my USP, and I would like to have it further back.  But I thought it looked like the GG&G tab would impact the light housing before anything else, so I figured it would require some grinding on the light body.  I'll have to have another look at it.....
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top