Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2024 6:31:25 PM EDT
I just put an Trijicon RMR on an Smith & Wesson M&P Compact, using an FCD OPF-SW RMR plate.  The iron sights provided on the gun are way too short to be usable with that plate/sight combo.

I see FCD suggests a particular sight in the product description, but its a tritium sight, which I don't care for.  Also, I don't know if the uber high sights will fit into anyone's holster when I get one.

Are there any other options available for irons, or should I just resign myself to not having any irons effectively?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#2]
Originally Posted By billclo:
I just put an Trijicon RMR on an Smith & Wesson M&P Compact, using an FCD OPF-SW RMR plate.  The iron sights provided on the gun are way too short to be usable with that plate/sight combo.

I see FCD suggests a particular sight in the product description, but its a tritium sight, which I don't care for.  Also, I don't know if the uber high sights will fit into anyone's holster when I get one.

Are there any other options available for irons, or should I just resign myself to not having any irons effectively?
View Quote

See if S&W will sell the suppressor height sights that are made for their 10mm and if they’ll work for your gun.

Or
https://www.trijicon.com/products/product-family/trijicon-suppressor-optic-height-sights-for-smith-wesson-pistols
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Does you M&P have the "Standard height" factory sights?

Most folks run "Suppressor height" sights on RDS guns to provide a lower 1/3 - 1/4 irons sight picture.

A quality holster maker like T-Rex Arms & similar will offer holsters with Optic Cut + Suppressor height sights.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Does you M&P have the "Standard height" factory sights?

Most folks run "Suppressor height" sights on RDS guns to provide a lower 1/3 - 1/4 irons sight picture.

A quality holster maker like T-Rex Arms & similar will offer holsters with Optic Cut + Suppressor height sights.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

The pistol comes out of the box with "suppressor height" sights.  I think the problem is that they are set up to work with the thin plastic plates S&W provides us, not the much thicker and sturdier metal FCD plate. There is a substantial difference in thickness (S&W's plate is about .040" thick, versus the FCD one which is about .16 - its tricky to measure thickness when mounted on the pistol).   Close to 1/8" higher than factory suppressor height.

For sure there is a difference in sturdiness between the plastic plate and FCD's plate, but that comes at a cost of thickness.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 2.0 4&1/4" OR, PC .40 last year.  

Due to so many (read on the internet) complaints about the S&W adaptor plates I decided to try them on mine.  Zero issues up to now, with a Holosun green dot while shooting 180 grain FMJ and hollow points.  Even with the thicker plastic plate I've got no issues seeing/using the factory tall sights on the OR pistol with that Holosun attached.

Just in case, I also bought a DPP metal adaptor plate off Amazon.  I've used them on one Shield 9MM and that thin plate worked fine, so far.  Very thin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7WQT6YV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#6]
Night Fision makes them, but they don't make a non-tritium model.

Ameriglo may have some in the works, the ones they have now are too low for sights mounted on our plates.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
A set of all black Ameriglo suppressor height sights will do the job for cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top