Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 7:51:40 PM EDT
I’m not a revolver guy, but a pocket 22mag appeals to me for a number of reasons. I have a Ruger LCP Max and P365 for pocket carry, but I’ve wanted a small revolver for a jacket pocket and also as a lightweight survival gun. Small is the main thing, and 22mag short range packs a punch. Plenty of power to dispatch a wounded animal, ammo I have plenty and it is lightweight. With Critical Defense ammo seven rounds is nothing to sneeze at.

Anybody have any first hand experience with this firearm?

My dealer can get it for me for $650 plus tax and S&W is offering a $50 rebate until the end of the month.

And before anybody suggests a 38spl or 357mag Airweight I[ve had them in the past and hated them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it and another advantage is being able to empty it into your target without ever having to pull it out of the pocket. Unless your clothing catches on fire.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
I like it and another advantage is being able to empty it into your target without ever having to pull it out of the pocket. Unless your clothing catches on fire.
View Quote

I was thinking that…
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:33:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mini14jac] [#3]
I have a 351PD and a .22 cal. 43C.
I also had the 351C.

Over the years I’ve had steel, aluminum, and scandium J frames in .38 and .357.

I came to realize that I’m never going to be able to practice often enough to make accurate hits with a light .38 revolver.
The guns are not very pleasant to shoot, so I didn’t really look forward to practice anyway.

A .22 magnum Airlite revolver is very easy to shoot.
From 5 yards I can place all 7 rounds in a fist sized group firing rapidly.

Modern .22 WMR rounds designed for self defense will get adequate penetration and expansion.
Very few non +P .38 rounds will do that in a tiny gun.

For my needs I’m comfortable with one of the fine S&W rimfires in my pocket.

You will be pleased with a 351C.
It may take practice to build up the hand strength for a slightly stout trigger pull, but it’s worth it.

The only reason I got rid of mine was that I’ve wanted the 351PD since they came out.
It’s just a cool looking gun!
And my pocket carry needs were covered by the 43C.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a great choice as is the 351pd.  The most recent one I acquired has no internal lock and a decent front sight which was a real bonus.

They are quite fun to shoot and won't beat your hands up so you can actually practice frequently.  The new Speer Gold Dot 22WMR is excellent ammo.   I tried the Federal Punch ammo but had quite a few primer failures so am sticking with Gold Dots which have been 100% so far.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Ordered… now the wait!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Really neat gun. I ran 150 rounds of Winchester white box through it… no recoil to speak of. Ordered 500 rounds of critical defense so I’ll work on accuracy once I have the ballistics of my carry ammo. So fucking light. Now my boys are off to order one for themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top