Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2024 11:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalTavorian]
Are the Tier 1 Concealment holsters that get to $100+ worth the price of admission?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:35:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kymarkh] [#1]
Have an Axis elite for my G43 and could not be happier.  Wanted something small, sturdy, flat and light and it fits the bill.

ETA: I picked mine up 2nd hand from the EE - did not pay full retail - was not sure I would like the shock cord connection but it has been comfortable and stable for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a centurion IWB and a Xiphos v2. Both are great. I’ll probably get another centurion in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one (don't remember the model) and have been happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Great to know guys. Probably gonna order one soon

I searched the emporium and couldn’t find one in my configuration. Wish I could
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
For CC I use Milt Sparks Versa Max, expensive yes, worth it, to me yes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
My Vedder Light Tuck’s don’t cost that much. I shake my head at what I use to pay for Alessi and Kramer leather.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
My Vedder Light Tuck’s don’t cost that much. I shake my head at what I use to pay for Alessi and Kramer leather.
View Quote

Good leather holsters like kramers will last a lot longer than kydex.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't like mine.  The retention was on the slide and marred the gun.  Finish was very nice but didn't like the fit.  Maybe it was a QC dud, or maybe that was the nature of the sidecar type layout but it just didn't do it for me.  Sold it, TRex and Tenicor for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
I didn't like mine.  The retention was on the slide and marred the gun.  Finish was very nice but didn't like the fit.  Maybe it was a QC dud, or maybe that was the nature of the sidecar type layout but it just didn't do it for me.  Sold it, TRex and Tenicor for me.
View Quote

Well this is important as I don’t want that. Anyone else experience this ?

My only holster experience is with ANR which I like.

I wonder if this would ring true for a light bearing holster as well
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:12:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#10]
When you carry a gun, finishes are the first to go.  Both in leather and kydex.  Can't get past that... don't carry.  
Non-WML guns have retention on slides and trigger guard.  WML guns will have retention on WML mostly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I have three, two AIWB and OWB.  The AIWB have the UltiClips which are the only way to go.  Highly recommend.  I can carry my 43X with mag all day AIWB with no discomfort, including driving for hours on road trips.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Xiphos for my 43X. I wanted to try AIWB. Everyone says the key to AIWB is get a good holster. I figured buy once cry once.

I tried the 2 million different configuration with ride height, spacers, and wedges. It seems overly complex, but is well made. In the Xiphos now sits in a drawer. I guess appendix carry isn't for me.

Went back and ordered a Spara for OWB with my G19 with WML. I have worn it daily for a few months now. It is good to go.

The have a decent assortment of Kydex colors if you want something more unique. The also can fit for a few different WML footprints, not just your bog standard X300. Turn around seemed okay.

They can keep the stickers and other crap they ship in the box. Skip the swag and knock a few bucks off the price.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalTavorian] [#13]
Originally Posted By Ewald:
I have a Xiphos for my 43X. I wanted to try AIWB. Everyone says the key to AIWB is get a good holster. I figured buy once cry once.

I tried the 2 million different configuration with ride height, spacers, and wedges. It seems overly complex, but is well made. In the Xiphos now sits in a drawer. I guess appendix carry isn't for me.

Went back and ordered a Spara for OWB with my G19 with WML. I have worn it daily for a few months now. It is good to go.

The have a decent assortment of Kydex colors if you want something more unique. The also can fit for a few different WML footprints, not just your bog standard X300. Turn around seemed okay.

They can keep the stickers and other crap they ship in the box. Skip the swag and knock a few bucks off the price.
View Quote

Thanks for chiming in.

Good to know… body types matter in a scenario like this. I’m curious if the ones who are good with it are thin vs the ones who aren’t, may not be as thin.

I am 5’10” 220lbs. I’m thinking appendix may not be for me
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#14]
You don't have to be skinny to do AIWB. I'm 5' 7" and and currently 190ish (God I miss having time to work out) and my regular carry is a full size m&p w/ tlr-1hl. I conceal it just fine in a normal button down shirt. I can get away with it in some t shirts but there's a fine balance between too tight and being too baggy. Dudes in oversized t shirts scream "I'm packing!" where I live.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I am a tall skinny guy, 6' 175#. I did triathlons back in the day.

I think the issue with me and appendix was the G43X is a short gun. Tier 1 and other holster makers will tell you longer is better for an AWIB gun. I might try it again sometime with the G19 or something similar.

Honestly I wasn't kidding about overly complex. The tried and true KISS of strong works fine for me right now.

I agree about over sized T Shirts. Not looking like a slob goes a long way in not attracting attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top