Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2023 9:21:11 PM EDT
Picked up my 9mm carry today.  The ceracoat finish is nice and smooth all over.  I like the rubber grips that were on it and I'll probably keep them.

The slide has a little play but I think my Ruger SR1911 is a tad looser.  The slide racks smoothly and better than my Ruger I must say.  The ambi safety doesn't have a positive click to it so may have to fix that.  I wish the muzzle was flat with a better crown.  

Trigger has half a hair of creep if you pull very slowly, otherwise I don't notice it.  The trigger feels a little soft and mushy.  My Ruger has a more positive break/release.

Front strap seems a little thin so checkering is out.  Some kind of grip tape should work.  Front serrations, beveled hole for slide stop is a nice touch.  Sights are same as my Ruger.  I'd consider another one and would mill for a red dot.

My Ruger is my best shooting gun and I expect the same from the l911 platform in 9mm.  Still need to strip, clean and lube but I expect good things.

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good shooter.

Pull the plunger spring .
My safety was mushy too. When examined,  it was as thin as a hair.
I replaced the every factory spring with a refresh kit from Wolff.
It's much better all around now.

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

I replaced the every factory spring with a refresh kit from Wolff.
It's much better all around now.

View Quote
That's a good idea. Those kits aren't expensive.  

I did that very thing with my used Colt CCO, my surplus Sistema (and even my CMP M1 Carbine).  It really improved all those guns.

You shouldn't have to do that with a new gun, but who knows what lowest bidder provides springs for these Tisas guns.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:33:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#3]
Anyone noticed a titanium firing pin in their Tisas 9mm? Green. Mine is not titanium (... not green).

At some point the 1911's started shipping with titanium firing pins. Blue for .45's.  Just purchased two 45 firing pins and one 9mm firing pin from the SDS website. Came with springs too. Fast shipping and look well made.

Also ordered four Wilson Combat "factory+ power" firing pin springs to replace all my Tisas 9mm/45 1911 FP springs

My 9mm railed model has been 100% so far, outta the box. About 200 rounds.

The slide is very tight and the trigger has minimal creep, with a clean break. Zero gritty feel. Not as "glass rod" feeling as I'd like, but very nice.

Sent it off for milling. A 407K 6moa dot. Will get either a Heine front 14k gold dot. Or a Kensight front fiber dot installed afterward. Both are .180 height.

eta - my ambi-safety click was not as positive as I'd like, so swapped it with a Wilson Combat spring/plunger. Much improved. Also, the recoil spring plug was slightly recessed into the barrel bushing (the bushing is thicker), not quite flush. Swapped in a Wilson Combat Bulletproof extended "ringed" recoil plug (barely longer than factory). Looks better and the barrel bushing/plug interface seems more solid.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slack_out:
Anyone noticed a titanium firing pin in their Tisas 9mm? Blue. Mine is not titanium (... not blue).

At some point the 1911's started shipping with titanium firing pins. Green for .45's.  Just purchased two 45 firing pins and one 9mm firing pin from the SDS website. Came with springs too. Fast shipping and look well made.

Also ordered four Wilson Combat "factory+ power" firing pin springs to replace all my Tisas 9mm/45 1911's. The parkerized Tanker/commander .45 came with a green titanium firing pin. My most recent Tisas purchase.

My 9mm railed model has been 100% so far, outta the box. About 200 rounds.

The slide is very tight and the trigger has minimal creep, with a clean break. Zero gritty feel. Not as "glass rod" feeling as I'd like, but very nice.

Sent it off for milling. A 407K 6moa dot. Will get either a Heine front 14k gold dot. Or a Kensight front fiber dot installed afterward. Both are .180 height.

eta - my ambi-safety click was not as positive as I'd like, so swapped it with a Wilson Combat spring/plunger. Much improved. Also, the recoil spring plug was slightly recessed into the barrel bushing (the bushing is thicker), not quite flush. Swapped in a Wilson Combat Bulletproof extended "ringed" recoil plug (barely longer than factory). Looks better and the barrel bushing/plug interface seems more solid.
View Quote

I'd be interested in seeing it after it gets milled and sight mounted.  I'm thinking of doing the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top