Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2024 8:00:51 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the one piece Magwell from Tisas? Is it a MIM? How would it compare to a Stan Chen SI?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Larrys1911] [#1]
If you are talking about this Magwell

No I havent tried it, what I see is not a one piece, but a two piece similar to the EGW.

N O T H I N G

compares to the Stan Chen

but then again you are comparing a 70- 80 dollar mag well to a 200 dollar mag well that Pete Single does the checkering on.

Ive got several Stan Chens,  EGWs, and a couple Smith Alexanders, Ive played with Wilsons and Browns. I dont like the Profile on the EGWs so I mod them to be more like the Tisas in magwell shape, for 70 bux I would try this one but being a two piece its not going to come close to a Stan Chen.

youll have to peen the Dovetail to keep it from moving so you can blend it if you want that but for a cheap magwell I would guess itll be fine.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep that’s the one, didn’t realize it was a 2 piece.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rigger7:
Yep that’s the one, didn’t realize it was a 2 piece.
View Quote

It's not, or at least the one they sent me isn't.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strela:

It's not, or at least the one they sent me isn't.
View Quote

The one in the link IS a two piece, you can see the T-Slot cut just like the EGW

https://www.egwguns.com/mainspring-housing-magwell-combo-25-lpi-ss

looks exactly like that.

If you have something different Id like to see it and know a part number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top