BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 1:07:51 AM EDT
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/tisas-cmp-1911-first-look/490026

Tisas Partners with Civilian Marksmanship Program to Build 1911 Pistol

January 22, 2024
By SDS Press Release

Tisas USA, a division of SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to announce a partnership with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP).  Tisas is the first commercial manufacturer to build a 1911, or any other commercial pistol for the CMP.

The Tisas M1911 A1 is a museum-grade reproduction of a mid-war contract M1911A1 as it was issued during the Second World War. The CMP version, which will have the CMP markings on it, will be sold exclusively through CMP stores and website.

“We are quite honored and very excited to have partnered with the Civilian Marksmanship Program on this project,” stated SDS/Tisas USA CEO Tim Mulverhill. “Being able to take our historical accurate Tisas M1911 A1 and offer it in an exclusive CMP model is a great opportunity for Tisas to show their commitment to helping train and educate United States citizens in the responsible use of firearms.”

“The CMP is pleased to announce our partnership with Tisas USA to provide this extraordinary CMP-branded, museum-grade replica of the M1911A1 to our many customers and competitors,” said CEO, Jerry O’Keefe.  “This pistol will make a great companion piece to the surplus M1911A1 pistols sold by the CMP or just a great pistol on its own to shoot or collect! This is part of CMP’s effort to expand our pistol offerings both in sales and competitions.  For example, on the competitions side we look forward to our second year hosting the CMP Bianchi Cup May 21st-24th in Hallsville, MO with the Green Valley Rifle and Pistol Club.”

Tisas M1911 A1 CMP Specs:

Caliber:  45 ACP
Barrel Length: 5 Inches
Accurate reproduction of WWII issued 1911
United States Property marked
Manganese Phosphate Slide, Frame & small parts
Reprofiled Ejection Port
Type E Hammer
(2) 7 round magazines
(2) sets of grips including Accurate reproduction brown plastic grips, and walnut double diamond checkered grips
MSRP:  $479.99
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#1]
That's kind of awesome.

Has any other manufacturer been able to to this?

I hope it's not some cheap stamp, and that the CMP guys can vet the quality prior to release.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
That's kind of awesome.

Has any other manufacturer been able to to this?

I hope it's not some cheap stamp, and that the CMP guys can vet the quality prior to release.
View Quote

We already Know the quality is better than the originals.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Does that mean it can be shipped directly to me?
I have my fingers crossed I can squeeze in a trip to Camp Perry in April. Maybe they'll have them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
great news - thanks for posting - I'll have to be on the lookout for it
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it still going to have a lowered ejection port or are they going to fix that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:Has any other manufacturer been able to to this?
View Quote

I had one of these. I thought it was very well made, but I happily traded it to my Dad for his Rock-Ola M1 carbine.

Springfield 1911 mil-spec
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:20:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#8]
Originally Posted By flcracker:

I had one of these. I thought it was very well made, but I happily traded it to my Dad for his Rock-Ola M1 carbine.

Springfield 1911 mil-spec
View Quote

Calling it mil spec is not the same as a Camp Perry partnership.
Edit: sorry, meant CMP, not Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Gross
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#10]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Is it still going to have a lowered ejection port or are they going to fix that?
View Quote

On the one hand it says museum grade, on the other hand the spec sheet calls out a reprofiled ejection port and the Rep refers to their 1911A1 in the present tense.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it's a great idea. A few companies have manufactured the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine repros to get those classic WW2 guns more available for people to enjoy and shoot. Makes sense that CMP might want to collaborate with Tisas to build a 1911A1 repro. They do make quality handguns.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The CMP and the regular Tisas Armed Services 1911A1 have the original high ejection port, 1943 skinny hammer like Ithaca and Remington Rand used, and a correct mainspring housing as far as number and spacing of ribs. No bevel on magwell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Wonder what the markings will be like?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Ive already got one,… it’s very nice

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#15]
oh the BUTTHURT coming with this one.......

LMAOTMSH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top