Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2023 6:00:33 PM EDT
I've always had a hankering to own a real 1911 in .45acp.  I actually carried one for a while when I was in the US Army (a beat up Remington Rand as I recall) but the prices on ones made in the USA discouraged me from pulling the trigger on one years back.  I did buy a few P-series SIGs and a Browning HP (back when you could still buy one new) and still have them and they're great guns.

But the Tisas 1911s got me interested in them again. The Black Friday prices at PSA even got me to pull the trigger on one.  So far I'm really impressed and this generic 5" model - it's well made and very accurate on targets back in the woods behind my house.

I think there is no way a manufacturer in the US could ever sell a firearm of this quality for this price range in the United States today - the way things are now. So my comment is to grab one while you can. I plan to get another one as a spare.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 6:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MudEagle] [#1]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the opening statement is pretty obvious.  That's why there were so many guns coming in from the Philippines so much cheaper than American made.  Now we have turkey with its different valuations that is making things stupidly affordable.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:04:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: piperpa24] [#3]
The US isn't friendly to businesses that aren't uber green or that manufacture and/or sell any products having to do with the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the daily rate for a skilled worker in Turkey?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely true.  Pre covid it took about 6 Turkish Lira to equal the US dollar.  Today it takes about 29.  That is why we now see quality guns coming out of Turkey that are dirt cheap here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wirebrush:
Absolutely true.  Pre covid it took about 6 Turkish Lira to equal the US dollar.  Today it takes about 29.  That is why we now see quality guns coming out of Turkey that are dirt cheap here.
View Quote

@Wirebrush

I agree completely! But, based on those numbers, importers are paying roughly 4x less for the guns than they used to pre covid. If true, they really should still be much cheaper than they presently are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that we have such nice guns being imported for relatively affordable prices, but it still seems to me like it's the importers and distributors that are making massive profits on Turkish guns these days. I figured that we would be seeing much better deals by now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By pctech:

@Wirebrush

I agree completely! But, based on those numbers, importers are paying roughly 4x less for the guns than they used to pre covid. If true, they really should still be much cheaper than they presently are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that we have such nice guns being imported for relatively affordable prices, but it still seems to me like it's the importers and distributors that are making massive profits on Turkish guns these days. I figured that we would be seeing much better deals by now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pctech:

@Wirebrush

True, but as long as they are just a little cheaper and/or higher quality than their competition then they will sell, so why not take as much profit as the market will allow?  That's the free market at work.  From what I've seen and heard, I'm surprised they aren't asking more money for them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]

True, but as long as they are just a little cheaper and/or higher quality than their competition then they will sell, so why not take as much profit as the market will allow?  That's the free market at work.  From what I've seen and heard, I'm surprised they aren't asking more money for them.
View Quote

They will, first they have to build that reputation.... Once thats done ... prices WILL rise.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 545Fan] [#10]
It’s all about USD to Turkish Lira exchange rate folks.  The lira has been trading worse and worse to the dollar.  It won’t always be so.  If you like the Tisas, MKE, and others available today, you better not wait too long to get one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 545Fan:
It’s all about USD to Turkish Lira exchange rate folks.  The lira has been trading worse and worse to the dollar.  It won’t always be so.  If you like the Tisas, MKE, and others available today, you better not wait too long to get one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24542/IMG_0067_png-3087520.JPG
View Quote

Yup, it will not last forever. I just got a tank commander and if it shoots as well as it looks and feels, I will be extremely happy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#12]
They are great products , I have the standard parked finish us marked 45 and also the MAC 1911 that came with a Gerber knife and Zippo lighter . , they have been flawless , and if made in US would be a lot more money .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top