Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 6:45:46 PM EDT
This is actually the second time this has happened to me but the bolt on my GL (Glock key) TLR7 Sub broke. Flashlight was on a CR920, and was on my Shadow sys last time it broke too. Im pretty convinced these lights are pieces of fucking shit at this point am I tarded?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of any failure on the TLR 7 series.  

I've heard some people have the doors break on the TLR1 series, but those get replaced under warranty.  

I say that as someone who is been using Streamlight since August of 1994.  I haven't had any issues, although I have minimal use of their weapon lights (mostly law enforcement and fire duty use).  

I dropped a XP20 (polymer fullsize) at 30mph and watched it bounce end over end without dying LOL.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
streamlight has great customer service and should send you out any parts needed to fix the light

i had a tlr 8 sub on a glock and wanted to move it over to a 1913 railed gun and contacted them through the contact on their website and had a complete set of hardware to mount it to any gun in my mailbox in 2 days

there are a few people selling an "upgraded" bolt for the streamlight tlr lights on ebay

upgrade screw

another one

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#3]
Is there a possibility that because you are using it on the Shadow Systems pistol, the Glock key is not the correct key to use, but maybe the Picatinny key is? From my understanding the Glock key is used for Gen 3s and 4s that used Glock's "universal slot" which is dimensionally different than a Picatinny slot, which I believe the Shadow Systems pistol has.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
I've never heard of any failure on the TLR 7 series.  

I've heard some people have the doors break on the TLR1 series, but those get replaced under warranty.  

I say that as someone who is been using Streamlight since August of 1994.  I haven't had any issues, although I have minimal use of their weapon lights (mostly law enforcement and fire duty use).  

I dropped a XP20 (polymer fullsize) at 30mph and watched it bounce end over end without dying LOL.
View Quote

@Ben
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KissMethod17:
Is there a possibility that because you are using it on the Shadow Systems pistol, the Glock key is not the correct key to use, but maybe the Picatinny key is? From my understanding the Glock key is used for Gen 3s and 4s that used Glock's "universal slot" which is dimensionally different than a Picatinny slot, which I believe the Shadow Systems pistol has.
View Quote
Suppose its not impossible. Ill contact SS and see what they say.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had a TLR-7 sub mounting screw fail twice. The light was mounted on my Sig P365. Both times the light flew off while I was shooting at the range. It seems the light would loosen up after about 150 rounds each range session. My light now seems somewhat dim and flickers and doesn’t always turn on with the first activation of the buttons. I really want to like this light. It’s compact and offers 90% performance of the full-size weapon lights. I just can’t trust it right now. I’m very disappointed and will probably be looking for an alternative at this point. It sucks since most holster options are for the streamlight. Looks like I’ll need to go custom with a different light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top