Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2024 12:32:22 AM EDT
I haven’t owned an XD in years. My first one was an HS2000. Should never have let it go.

Next was a XDs45.

Tomorrow I pick up an XD I have wanted for a while but unable to find. XD357 tactical

Thanks to an arfcommer who pointed me to a dealer who had a perfect condition used one I finally get to pick it up tomorrow.

Celebrating.

It will be with my other 357 Sig guns. This is the last brand I don’t have. Covered the USP, Glock, and a handful of different sigs. Only thing left is to find a beretta 96 barrel in 357.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope it works out for you.

My XDS9 earned the badge of being traded in. The only other gun I've had that was that bad was a Taurus 111.

Like my (pre ZONE) XDM, but that's probably the last/only modern Springfield handgun I'll ever own.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing they did right with those is supporting all the esoteric calibers.  You could get .357 sig, 45 GAP, and 10mm XDs no problem.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for you op. I have always enjoyed shooting the xd. They always get sold are traded and I always find another lol.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ll be likely looking for a 9mm tactical soon as well. If I remember correctly the beretta mags can be modified via a small the squared out to work in an XD. I have a stack of the beretta 30’s for fun and some 20’s as well. Being behind the lines in the Peoples Demokratic Republik of Wa$hington has made me rethink purchases for cross compatibility.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no doubts you will enjoy shooting it. I had the chance over ten years ago to grab a used one as well but didn't pull the trigger. Should have as the round intrigued me, however wasn't in the mood to deal reloading it.

All my XD and XDm's have been flawless in both 9 & 45.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No complaints. I got a bunch of mags before our mag ban went into effect. They were on sale for $4 ea (90%) off as the shop was closing.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The XD's are great guns. Have the Tactical 5 inch barrel/9mm MOD.2. Thing is a beast!
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By recon:
The XD's are great guns. Have the Tactical 5 inch barrel/9mm MOD.2. Thing is a beast!
View Quote

I’m tempted to get another one in 9mm. It just points good and feels good in the hand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a couple of different XDs over the years starting with when they first had "SA" on them instead of "HS". For whatever reason I never warmed up to them.  There was something "off" about the recoil impulse. I never felt I had the same control with a XD compared to a M&P, P2000, Glock 9/40.  Some people swore by them, but then like all things in the gun world "hot was not".  I do remember issues with the grip safety being discussed but I never had that problem.

I remember buying my first Springfield Armory firearm in 1994. It was a dealer new M1A.  That thing gave me nothing but problems.    I've owned plenty of their 1911s, M1As (every model), etc.  No thanks.  All of the imported SA, Inc. I have owned (including FALs, HK91s, etc) have been nothing short of stellar.  SA, Inc's CS was "the gold standard" in the 1990s. I suspect it was because they had lots of practice, haha.

If SA actually makes it I have ZERO interest in owning it.

If SA imports it ... they're usually very good.

I've been carrying a Hellcat OSP for quite a while.  Lots of rounds through several of them, and 100% GTG in every regard.  I like them enough that my Hellcat PRO Threaded is getting delivered to my FFL today.

Enjoy your XD and check out the Hellcat PRO next time your in your LGS.  It'll probably follow you home.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
I had a couple of different XDs over the years starting with when they first had "SA" on them instead of "HS". For whatever reason I never warmed up to them.  There was something "off" about the recoil impulse. I never felt I had the same control with a XD compared to a M&P, P2000, Glock 9/40.  Some people swore by them, but then like all things in the gun world "hot was not".  I do remember issues with the grip safety being discussed but I never had that problem.

I remember buying my first Springfield Armory firearm in 1994. It was a dealer new M1A.  That thing gave me nothing but problems.    I've owned plenty of their 1911s, M1As (every model), etc.  No thanks.  All of the imported SA, Inc. I have owned (including FALs, HK91s, etc) have been nothing short of stellar.  SA, Inc's CS was "the gold standard" in the 1990s. I suspect it was because they had lots of practice, haha.

If SA actually makes it I have ZERO interest in owning it.

If SA imports it ... they're usually very good.

I've been carrying a Hellcat OSP for quite a while.  Lots of rounds through several of them, and 100% GTG in every regard.  I like them enough that my Hellcat PRO Threaded is getting delivered to my FFL today.

Enjoy your XD and check out the Hellcat PRO next time your in your LGS.  It'll probably follow you home.
View Quote

Yeah. I won’t ever have a hellcat pro. Why buy a gun that I can only get 10 round mags for. I already had a stash of the XD 357 mags because of a great deal years ago. Unfortunately since Wa is a ban state I don’t see a reason to have one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top