Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2024 7:04:45 PM EDT
I’ve been wanting to check one out for a while and finally got the chance yesterday. It was an aluminum framed P model with threaded barrel. I really wanted to love it enough to but one for myself but I just didn’t. It felt good in the hand and shot well enough but the controls left a lot to be desired. The grip safety required quite a bit of pressure, the safety was gritty yet spongey at the same time and the trigger wasn’t nearly what I expected from a $2800 pistol.

I’m primarily a Glock guy and I’m not super picky about little nuances, but I guess I just expected more. It felt much closer to a RIA than my Wilsons.

Maybe I should check out an EDC9 instead?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:16:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebert] [#1]
Try a BUL SAS TacII if you can find one. $1000 less than a comparable Staccato. Mine has been pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same model but a steel frame. Trigger is also not what I expected from that price point. Guess the better trigger is the XC model but it's still very nice IMO.
I still love it and shoot it well.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had many staccatos.  A 2019 P, a newer P, a couple of C2s, and several of the original C models (the single stack one).  The only ones I still have are 2 C models.   I’ve heard the XC is a whole new level, but it’s huge and, for me, would just be a toy.  And for that money there are other things I’d get instead. Every time I talked myself into it was me so I’d try again.   But, having had things like an ACW high cap and better 2011s, it’s not just me.  And it’s not just you either.   I know several people that feel similarly

I have a Platypus, with another en route, and to me it’s a better gun.  The trigger is way better out of the box, it takes cheap Glock magazines, and it uses standard 1911 parts, so no $200 complicated recoil springs.  I understand why people love the platform, but it’s about $900 more expensive than it should be for what it is.   The Prodigy is a $1300 gun.  The Staccato should be a $1800 gun, if that.   Right now the name and mystique surrounding them, and the fact that they’re leading the charge of the emergence of the 2011 platform as a combat/EDC handgun instead of just a gamer gun accounts for a much stiffer price tag than they are worth.  Of course, that’s just my opinion, man, and we know what those are worth.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a P and while it was nice, I too was underwhelmed. My opinion is it's overpriced by about $1000. It's certainly not a custom level gun, and both my Prodigy (admittedly with EGW upgrades) and my Tisas DS (with a few additions) have better triggers and shot better for me than the Staccato. Thinking of trying a Platypus, cheap mags are a definite plus.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The C2 I had was super underwhelming, it was a chore to clear a dueling tree which isn't normally difficult with a G19. Could have been a lemon based on the price I got it for, maybe the previous owner had a similar experience.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have owned a P and an XC, both were underwhelming.   My Sig 229 Legion SAO and my Sig 226 X-Five Legion are betterin every way except having a beavertail safety (which I like).   The 226 shoots flatter and softer than the XC
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot em and unimpressed. Rather have a Shadow.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had a '19 P, C2, C2 Duo Threaded, XC, Prodigy 4.25, Platypus 4.25.

I still own the Platypus.

Staccato keeps sending discount coupons and I keep ignoring it. lol
I might try the new C, but I doubt they'll do the 20% coupon on it.

I just do not like the grips on the Staccatos.  Even the new "tac" grip on the XC I got last year.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:26:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#10]
2 P’s, XC, C2, and will be buying the new C. I love my Staccato’s and would never sell them. OP the steel frame P is a much better shooter imo. That said the price point is a bit high for a production pistol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
2 P’s, XC, C2, and will be buying the new C. I love my Staccato’s and would never sell them. OP the steel frame P is a much better shooter imo. That said the price point is a bit high for a production pistol.
View Quote

I can’t imagine there’s much difference in the safeties and trigger between the aluminum and steel frames. That was my main issue was that the controls felt more like a $500 gun than a $3000 gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
It should be obvious that the hyped gun is not where you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thebert:
Try a BUL SAS TacII if you can find one. $1000 less than a comparable Staccato. Mine has been pretty sweet.
View Quote

This.  I got a chance to play with one about a year ago, and was pretty impressed.  The trigger was as nice as my heavily modified Bul M-5, fit and finish was excellent, and they're surprisingly not terribly expensive.  I probably would have gotten one if I hadn't bought a platypus.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By garn:
It should be obvious that the hyped gun is not where you get what you pay for.
View Quote

Not wrong. A fair chunk of the price on a Staccato has to go toward feeding the marketing campaign, which arguably is a significant part of the company’s success over the last few years - is what it is.

I think however impressed one may or may not be with Staccato’s or their direct competition is largely dependent on how much experience the individual has had in the recent past with 1911/2011 pistols. I hadn’t shot one in over a decade and was squarely in the striker fired camp, so when I did get an opportunity to pick up a used Staccato at a decent price to see what all the fuss was about I was pretty enamored with it.

And now I have four double-stack 1911/2011’s and a few less Glocks.

Although thus far, I think the best value for the money I’ve spent is on the Platypus.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#15]
Odd about the safety being gritty.

I’ve never felt that in a staccato.  

Agreed about the rest though.  Most of mine came in a 4.5-4.75 lbs.

When I replaced the triggers with Atlas Mediums, I was able to fine tune the overtravel.  

Staccato leaves basically all of it in there.  You can of course do that with the OEM trigger, but I never bothered.

At the same time, I worked over the sear spring and got all of mine at a consistent 3.75 lbs.  The geometry on the internals were all done properly. I always had a good break in all of mine, but they were a touch heavy for me.  3.75 was really the sweet spot, and combined with the Atlas triggers, the triggers are spot on now.

Staccato now offers a 3-3.5 lbs trigger option when you order.  My guess is they realized a fairly large number of shooters want a sub 4lbs trigger, and until recently the XC or the XL was the only way to go lighter from the factory.  

While I like staccatos, they are a production pistol. They more or less all come from the factory the same way (until they added the weight option). You either like it, or you don’t.

Good news is, 10-15 minutes and a trigger pull gauge are all that’s required to make it the way you want it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. The steel frames do shoot better than aluminum but aren’t as fun to carry all day. I dumped my G19 for a C2 and couldn’t be happier with the decision. I think some people buy a Staccato thinking it’s going to change their world and inevitably feel let down.

The trigger complaints some have should be taken with a grain of salt; they’re a SAO duty gun. They offer a lighter weight option and the XC comes with the 2.5LB trigger.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I like my Staccato P. I do think they are probably a couple hundred over priced and you definetly pay for the "name". I think I paid $2,700 with the DLC barrel, it probably is about a $2300-2400 gun.
That said, my grip safety engagement is near perfect and my thumb safeties are perfect.
Only thing I can really complain about is the trigger is slightly heavy. It's probably at their advertised 4.5ish lbs and I know it's a "duty" gun, but I'm used to my Baer's and Valor's being around 3.5-4lbs.
I want an XC but I don't think in the current economy I'll ever get $4,200 just to piss away on a gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#18]
My Prodigy was my first (and only) 2011, and I’m in the opposite boat—I love shooting that thing, and it feels great in the hand. It was around $1300, so obviously much cheaper. The only thing that hasn’t blown me away is the accuracy; my P320 seems to be more accurate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]
The Staccato seems to be that middle ground.
The firearms above their price range are better but personally not enough to justify the price.
It is still better than many of the lower prices.
If you are a Glock lover and didn't like the Staccato, its best to stay on the short bus.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Have a C2, the single stack C, and love them.  Bought an EDC9 around the same time.... and sold it.

Partly the grip size, partly it's metal. As in, frigging cold up here in the frozen north.

I'd love to try an SFX9, as I hear it's a little smaller grip, but har at that price to catch and release.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like you shot a rental? It's anyone's guess on how that pistol was treated. Unlike your average polymer framed striker fired handgun, a 2011 needs a little more attention to detail on the part of the user. Sounds like the pistol was ran hard and not well maintained. While we know dropping the slide on an empty chamber on a 1911 can damage the sear, your average person does not.

I ordered my P directly through Staccato having never handled one. Out of the box it was perfect. All I've done is remove the magazine well, install an Acro P2, and shoot it. I usually can't leave anything alone but there's nothing I'd change on it for a fighting handgun. Trigger is right at 4.5lb and feels good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jhon:
Sounds like you shot a rental? It's anyone's guess on how that pistol was treated. Unlike your average polymer framed striker fired handgun, a 2011 needs a little more attention to detail on the part of the user. Sounds like the pistol was ran hard and not well maintained. While we know dropping the slide on an empty chamber on a 1911 can damage the sear, your average person does not.

I ordered my P directly through Staccato having never handled one. Out of the box it was perfect. All I've done is remove the magazine well, install an Acro P2, and shoot it. I usually can't leave anything alone but there's nothing I'd change on it for a fighting handgun. Trigger is right at 4.5lb and feels good.
View Quote

It was a brand new one my friend bought the same day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes I tried one not too long ago that was new and it's just not my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I've been looking fir a SASII for a good bit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#25]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

They were just instock over the weekend. Sas 2 tac 4.25 and Sas 2 tac 4.25 Pro.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:59:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreeAmerican] [#26]
I have had a P for about a year now.  Steel frame, threaded barrel.  I went in knowing the P is a duty pistol and as such the trigger is a little heavy, but it breaks clean and crisp.  I've tweaked it to improve the pull weight.  

That being said, I had no illusions of the P being a carry gun, for me it is a fun gun only.   The controls on mine are superbly fitted and the action is slick.  you can't even feel the disconnector.  It shoots smooth and flat

And it is accurate.  When I got it, I checked it off the bench, esp with my handloads @25 yards, it is pretty much cutting it's own holes.  

But... I have to admit,  in a short while the flat shooting wears off (you get used to it), unless you are running a gun game, do you really need 20 9mm?  I've gotten a little bored with it.  

And I cut my teeth on the mantra front sight, front sight, front sight..... I am not sure I have bought into red dots yet.  

So is it worth the coin for me,  not sure.  I mean when I head to the range, 99% of the time I still grab my Colt Special Combat (38 Super) or an early Colt Rail Gun.  They are just more fun to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I dig my C2.  Suppressed, unsuppressed, the gun just runs.  Zero issues.  I did not care for the stock trigger, so I fit my own Geppert/Atlas.  

The other issue I had was a hot spot on the safety with prolonged shooting.  One email to Staccato and they sent me a shipping label to return the gun.  One week later, had it back with a new, better blended safety and life is good.  All on their dime. And they did not blink at me having installed the new trigger.

Is the gun as finely fit as my old Wilson?  Nope.  Is it as equally reliable, accurate, and with double the capacity?  Yes.   My G19 isnt even in the same league.  Nor should it be given the price difference.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess I've been lucky. I haven't shot my Glocks in months.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:05:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#29]
IMHO you get a lot nicer 1911 than a 2011 for the same money. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Staccatos I've shot for the money.

I preferred the C2 to the P. I usually prefer full size pistols.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:10:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#30]
I've had countless Staccato's come and go.  I currently have 2 C2's.  One with optic and one without.  If I was down to only having one gun to do it all, it would probably be my C2 sans optic.  I just love the feel, size, shootability, and capacity of the C2's. It's like a single action Glock 19.  I shoot the 2011 platform better than any other gun, & I have countless years on the Glock platform.  

But my experience is my own.  Everyone needs to find what works best for them.  And a gun that doesn't work for you today, may be your favorite in 10 years from now.  Why I like to retry guns I've gotten rid of in the past to see if they now work for me.

This was a recent pick-up from a local shop for $1600.  The prior owner did his own grip stippling.  I added the long flat trigger from my parts bin.  I actually had one of these I foolishly sold a year ago.  Glad I found another one.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Staccato leaves basically all of it in there.  You can of course do that with the OEM trigger, but I never bothered.

At the same time, I worked over the sear spring and got all of mine at a consistent 3.75 lbs.  The geometry on the internals were all done properly. I always had a good break in all of mine, but they were a touch heavy for me.  3.75 was really the sweet spot, and combined with the Atlas triggers, the triggers are spot on now.

View Quote

Staccato probably isn't aware what that tab on trigger stirrup is for, as everyone I've owned or worked over has that not adjusted at all.  

They all have creepy triggers, this is due to them NOT stoning an escape(secondary angle) on sear nose.  So no, the geometry of internals are not all correct.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JThompson:
The Staccato seems to be that middle ground.
The firearms above their price range are better but personally not enough to justify the price.
It is still better than many of the lower prices.
If you are a Glock lover and didn't like the Staccato, its best to stay on the short bus.
View Quote

Meh, glocks are fine, staccato would be too at 1700ish tops, the wilson edc 9 is alot more refined and more accurate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Have a C2, the single stack C, and love them.  Bought an EDC9 around the same time.... and sold it.

Partly the grip size, partly it's metal. As in, frigging cold up here in the frozen north.

I'd love to try an SFX9, as I hear it's a little smaller grip, but har at that price to catch and release.
View Quote

Edc grip is smaller dimensions and more oval shaped.  The staccato gen1 and 2 grips are sized for a double stack 45acp mag and are square like a 2x4.  The edc was build as a double stack 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Originally Posted By jhon:

Ouch, but sounds about right.  It's a lifestyle gun from the 'gram.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:53:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#35]
For years and years, STI made entry level 2011 that (usually) required tuning and tinkering to work 100%

They ironed out the reliability issues with the guns and magazines, threw some cosmetic cool-guy machining on the slide, and rebranded themselves to get away from STI's past, but at the end of the day, a Staccato 2011 is just lightly improved reliable STI 2011 ... meaning entry-to-mid tier 2011.  Just because they charge $2k+ does not mean they will be as refined as $2k+ 1911's.  It is what it is.

If you want custom/semicustom tier feel and refinement in your 2011, you better be looking to spend ~$4k+
Brazos
Cheely
Nighthawk
Alchemy
Limcat
SVI
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Edc grip is smaller dimensions and more oval shaped.  The staccato gen1 and 2 grips are sized for a double stack 45acp mag and are square like a 2x4.  The edc was build as a double stack 9mm.
View Quote
The problem I had with the EDC X9 is that I don't have little girl hands. A Glock 21 feels great in my hand so I don't have any issues with the Staccato grip. The new Staccato tac grip is an improvement in feel over the previous gen 2 grip.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
The problem I had with the EDC X9 is that I don't have little girl hands. A Glock 21 feels great in my hand so I don't have any issues with the Staccato grip. The new Staccato tac grip is an improvement in feel over the previous gen 2 grip.
View All Quotes

Lol, big paws flex.  Edc 9x still has a larger grip than a g19, but smaller than a staccato.  My post wasn't a hand measuring contest, just pointing out that the edc is smaller grip than the staccatos.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Lol, big paws flex.  Edc 9x still has a larger grip than a g19, but smaller than a staccato.  My post wasn't a hand measuring contest, just pointing out that the edc is smaller grip than the staccatos.
View Quote
The Staccato CS appears to have solved the grip issue for little people.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
View Quote

I bought the steel frame P as well and it's an amazingly accurate shooting pistol. I bought mine to CC but swapped out the magwell funnel because it prints pretty badly with it installed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
For years and years, STI made entry level 2011 that (usually) required tuning and tinkering to work 100%

They ironed out the reliability issues with the guns and magazines, threw some cosmetic cool-guy machining on the slide, and rebranded themselves to get away from STI's past, but at the end of the day, a Staccato 2011 is just lightly improved reliable STI 2011 ... meaning entry-to-mid tier 1911.  Just because they charge $2k+ does not mean they will be as refined as $2k+ 1911's.  It is what it is.

If you want custom/semicustom tier feel and refinement in your 2011, you better be looking to spend ~$4k+
Brazos
Cheely
Nighthawk
Alchemy
Limcat
SVI
View Quote

They are over priced for what they are.  Slick marketing is why they are over 2k.  Plus internet gun tubers blowing them up .
There was a reason why they changed their name and abandoned the competition market.

No real competition shooter has Staccato  on their  wish list.  Add Vudoo Gun works and MPA to the about list
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I rented one and shot it much worse than even my shield plus. No thanks. They do look cool though
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#42]

Staccato probably isn't aware what that tab on trigger stirrup is for, as everyone I've owned or worked over has that not adjusted at all.  

They all have creepy triggers, this is due to them NOT stoning an escape(secondary angle) on sear nose.  So no, the geometry of internals are not all correct.
View Quote

Meh, I guess the ones I, friends, and my coworkers have owned have all been flukes then.  Havent found a creepy and or rolling break on any.  But I’m sure they are out there.

Now ambi safeties fit with a sledge?  Yes.  I’ve seen a few of those………fucking brutal.

None of the ones I have seen have been adjusted for pre travel, but I’ve never tweaked that on any aftermarket trigger I’ve put in one either.  Frankly I don’t think they need that. But some over travel adjustment sure does help.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Meh, I guess the ones I, friends, and my coworkers have owned have all been flukes then.  Havent found a creepy and or rolling break on any.  But I’m sure they are out there.

Now ambi safeties fit with a sledge?  Yes.  I’ve seen a few of those………fucking brutal.

None of the ones I have seen have been adjusted for pre travel, but I’ve never tweaked that on any aftermarket trigger I’ve put in one either.  Frankly I don’t think they need that. But some over travel adjustment sure does help.

View All Quotes

I've handled about 6-8 of them. About half the triggers were creepy and/or didn't have a clean break.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#44]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

They ironed out the reliability issues with the guns and magazines, threw some cosmetic cool-guy machining on the slide, and rebranded themselves to get away from STI's past, but at the end of the day, a Staccato 2011 is just lightly improved reliable STI 2011 ... meaning entry-to-mid tier 1911.  Just because they charge $2k+ does not mean they will be as refined as $2k+ 1911's.  It is what it is.

Brazos
Cheely
Nighthawk
Alchemy
Limcat
SVI
View Quote

It’s a gun that with proper initial cleaning and lube will run 2k rounds without issue, have a great basis for a 3-4.5 lbs trigger, and hold 1-1.25” groups at 25 yards with duty ammo.

They built a duty 2011 with quality parts, and did a damn good job at it.

They didn’t do a good job marketing it as something it isn’t.  They did a great job marketing it as what it is.  Whether or not what it is happens to be is what you want…well, can’t help you there.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

I've handled about 6-8 of them. About half the triggers were creepy and/or didn't have a clean break.
View Quote

Perhaps your feel for a good 1911 trigger is more refined than mine.

I have noticed a difference in feel as they get dirty, which I could describe as creep, but a few drops of oil down the disconnector and that smoothed them back out….but that went away after the first handful of range sessions.

I’ve owned 7, have 4 currently, and indirectly help maintain at least 8 more and never found a “creepy” trigger unless basic 1911/2011 maintenance was ignored.

I was hilariously skeptical of these things, but they are a legitimately duty grade firearm.  But they operate best with the same things that make every 1911/2011 run and or feel the best. Some oil and a case of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I now find myself obsessed with finding a double stack 9mm 1911 with the fit and feel of my Wilsons. I’ve been intrigued by the SFX9 for a while but have never seen one in person.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DH243] [#47]
The Staccato CS appears to have solved the grip issue for little people.
View Quote

Yeah, it's actually made for carry, as opposed to the "edc dump" pics of sparkling new p with sf300 and sro that get "carried every day", lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Jesus.  The Staccato PR department has entered the thread
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DH243] [#49]

View Quote

Of the ones I've worked on in the shop, all have had zero secondary angle on sear nose.  They are fairly decent surface finish, not arkansas hard stone polish but probably 4-600grit stone.  This has been on my c, tac 4.0, and 21p, a friend's 19p, 2 c2, p steel, p alum, and his lodus, another friends c2, p, and c, and 10 different shipped staccatos that were in for other things.  I'll give staccato a break on the take up tab, it's time consuming to adjust and set up.  Frame needs fully disassembled multiple times to get it just right, or hitting what a particular guy wants.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Perhaps your feel for a good 1911 trigger is more refined than mine.

I have noticed a difference in feel as they get dirty, which I could describe as creep, but a few drops of oil down the disconnector and that smoothed them back out….but that went away after the first handful of range sessions.

I’ve owned 7, have 4 currently, and indirectly help maintain at least 8 more and never found a “creepy” trigger unless basic 1911/2011 maintenance was ignored.

I was hilariously skeptical of these things, but they are a legitimately duty grade firearm.  But they operate best with the same things that make every 1911/2011 run and or feel the best. Some oil and a case of ammo.
View Quote

I will say they do feed and run smooth, nothing crazy, but they work.   Mine came with ho hum test targets, nothing that indicates they would shoot 1" at 25yds, except maybe ransom rest with prepped handloads.  The test targets were 3 shot or 5, at 10 or 15yd but were over 1".  My wilson edc has a 5 shot at 15yds that is 1 ragged hole.  That pistol, with irons, will outshoot a p with rmr at 50yds.  Not sure if all edc shoot like that but mine does and that's why it's still around and the p went buh bye.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top