Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2023 7:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevyGunsQuads]
I have my dagger on the way and I'm sure I'm gonna want a new trigger. Is there an issue with the complete kits such as the apex enhancement trigger kit? Should I just replace the shoe? I seen a review on PSA for the timney gen3/4 kit that they had to shave the rail. I would like to avoid barriers when installing the new trigger kit. A better feeling trigger is nice. Id like to lighten up the pull so installing the whole kit is what I wanna do. Any recommendations are appreciated as I've never replaced a trigger
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock gen 5 performance trigger, and change the slide back plate to a gen 5 one. Easy peasy......
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This works pretty well.

Trigger
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve actually been pretty happy with my Dagger trigger in terms of pull. I did polish up a few things via the ‘25 cent’ trigger job to smooth it out a bit. It could be a little more crisp, but what striker fired trigger couldn’t?

I’m still not a fan of the trigger itself as I just don’t care of hinged triggers in general.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rugby3:
This works pretty well.

Trigger
View Quote

Had one in my dagger
Caused the trigger pin to walk a bit

Put OEM PSA back in and no walking

Maybe I got out of spec trigger shoe
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Had one in my dagger

View Quote
No, it was in spec.  They changed the design of the PolyDAT shoe to be compatible with the Gen 5 Glock ambi slide release.  If you use it on a Gen 1-4, the extra space on the sides of the shoe allows it to wiggle a decent amount and can let the non-ambi slide lock traverse, and the pin with it.  IMO they should not advertise these for use in the older gen designs.

Below on the left is an original release Poly DAT shoe, on the right is the new "universal" one.  I install a 3D printed spacer on the newer versions to fill that gap back up.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
No, it was in spec.  They changed the design of the PolyDAT shoe to be compatible with the Gen 5 Glock ambi slide release.  If you use it on a Gen 1-4, the extra space on the sides of the shoe allows it to wiggle a decent amount and can let the non-ambi slide lock traverse, and the pin with it.  IMO they should not advertise these for use in the older gen designs.

Below on the left is an original release Poly DAT shoe, on the right is the new "universal" one.  I install a 3D printed spacer on the newer versions to fill that gap back up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/543y7-3068555.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Had one in my dagger

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/543y7-3068555.png

For some reason my photo won't upload

Mine looks like the one on the right, skinny

It does make sense now that I know lol

Think they'll swap to older style?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the newer versions too, it will walk.  I ended up settling for the time being on a p80 shoe.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
@D_Man

Finally got around to asking overwatch

They No make the wider shoe and they swear up and down it works 100% with gen1-5

Sucks as I loved the shoe but not gonna have a pin walk

PSA trigger, while not my favorite style, works great in the dagger
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
@D_Man

They No make the wider shoe and they swear up and down it works 100% with gen1-5

View Quote
Yep, it's a real shame and frustrating that they say it's fine in older gens.  Of course, for their more expensive aluminum shoe DAT triggers, they still make a Gen 1-4 version and Gen 5 version, so they obviously know there's an issue with the "universal" shoe and don't want to harm their more premium products.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, it's a real shame and frustrating that they say it's fine in older gens.  Of course, for their more expensive aluminum shoe DAT triggers, they still make a Gen 1-4 version and Gen 5 version, so they obviously know there's an issue with the "universal" shoe and don't want to harm their more premium products.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@D_Man

Over watches website even lists the polydat to buy for gen 1-4 and gen5

Guy was kind of a prick in followup email so I'll be done with them as clearly they don't know what's what on advertising vs what is sold

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top