Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2023 2:56:44 PM EDT
Anyone had any success on lightening the single action trigger pull on the new Pythons?  Mine is just at six, I'd like it closer to four.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The best option is to send it to Heffron Precision.
They figured the new action out and can give a trigger pull actually better then the original Python.

https://www.heffronprecision.com/

This is the way to go, because if things don't go well you will not be able to get any replacement parts for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s only about two hours from me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I definitely wouldn't do a home gunsmithing job on it as the other poster spoke of parts being an issue. I actually like the trigger pull on mine. I am actually surprised how smooth it is for the weight of the pull. Now if you want to talk about a gun that needs a trigger job, the GP100 I have could use it. Jokingly, you could buy a GP100 and try shooting it first and then go to your Python.

Seriously though, from what I have heard, Heffron Precision is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:05:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ameshawki] [#4]
No way I’m tackling it myself.   I like the double action.  The single is decent just a bit heavy.  I have two.  The three inch I’ll probably leave alone.

Own multiples of Rugers.  I like them.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top