Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2023 2:26:52 PM EDT
I have a RMR type 2 mounted on a glock 19 gen 4. I noticed that one of my screws came loose. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4 turn from my witness mark. If I remove the 1 screw and replace it and put some more blue locktite on it, will that mess up my zero? As of now it's spot on and I have not problem re-zerioing it, but wanted double check before doing. This is the only time I have had a screw come loose. I had to replace the battery which I rezeroed afterward, but wasn't sure if that would be required for just a screw.

Thanks,

Billy
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the other one tight?
If so it should be ok to retighten
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CRW-] [#2]
It should be fine, or really close. Even taking it off to replace the battery isn’t going to cause a large zero shift.

Make sure you clean and degrease everything before adding new loctite and reinstalling.  Also make sure you are using a torque driver to torque the screws to the appropriate specs and then don’t shoot the gun for 24 hours to allow time for the loctite to set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top