Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2024 7:46:08 AM EDT
Need a rmr for my Glock 19, wanting a 8moa size dot. Does the dual illuminated show in the sun good? I'm wanting one that can be seen easily in the sun light.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't go with dual illum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Advance:
Don't go with dual illum.
View Quote

They can all be seen in the sunlight just fine.

The dual illum is great for range guns and stuff but can wash out easily from dark to light.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Self illuminated aren't even good range toys.  The sight picture gets washed out too easily if one is shooting in an area that has a mixture of sun and clouds.  Made that mistake on the first RMR purchase years ago and never again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't see the point of dual illumination on the RMR.  The first battery on my regular RMR lasted 3 years. I am well into year two on my second battery. I leave it on. I never turn it off.

Power management is really where Trijicon shines. I have yet to see a Chinese optic come even close with regards to battery life.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what models they are, but I have 3 RMR's (the ones with no buttons, always on) and have no reason to use another model.  Have never heard anything good about the dual illumination ones.

I did just order an SRO though, and that has the adjustment buttons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top