Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/28/2024 1:34:13 AM EDT
I have become an HK fan. My first HK was a USP 40 full size. Then I snagged a VP9 from PSA and just picked up a sweet USP 45. Hands down, one of the best 45ACP platforms I have ever shot. I need an OWB holster. Any good ones out there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You looking for CCW or some sort of Navy SEALS rig?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Not specifically a CCW holster. I prefer paddle holsters for the ease of putting them on and taking them off. However, I just got a belt slide type kydex holster for my FNS 9 compact that is really nice. Clips on to my belt, so it's not a typical belt slide. I've done a limited internet search and wasn't liking what was coming up, so I was hoping to get a few specific recommendations from current owners.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a KT Mech holster for my full size and tactical. I needed one that would work with the safariland QLS forks to move around on gear, but I think they make a belt offering.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Jmcustomkydex.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
Jmcustomkydex.com
View Quote

Thanks for the link. I emailed them to confirm a holster I picked out will fit the gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sniper59:

Thanks for the link. I emailed them to confirm a holster I picked out will fit the gun.
View Quote
Go to the bottom of their FAQ and read it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sniper59:
I have become an HK fan. My first HK was a USP 40 full size. Then I snagged a VP9 from PSA and just picked up a sweet USP 45. Hands down, one of the best 45ACP platforms I have ever shot. I need an OWB holster. Any good ones out there? Thanks.
View Quote

I got a Galco one from a member on here. Heck the thread I asked about options for it is still on the front page here.

Comfortable and perfect. I’m a leather fan when it comes to most holsters. Will post a photo shortly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Mitch Rosen 5JR Express.  If you want one that snaps on and off, Privateer Leather Adventurer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#9]
Originally Posted By chemcmndr:
I have a KT Mech holster for my full size and tactical. I needed one that would work with the safariland QLS forks to move around on gear, but I think they make a belt offering.
View Quote

@chemcmndr

Just want to thank you for posting this.  I ordered a KT Mech for my USP45 Expert with Streamlight TLR1HL after reading your post.  I wanted a retention holster that uses QLS forks.  The USP45 Expert wasn't a standard option in the drop down, so I emailed them ahead of time.  They got back to me quickly, had me send pictures, and said it should be no problem.

I ordered on 3/7, sent pictures that day, waited.  I just received it today, and you wouldn't know they didn't have the actual gun to make the holster.  A customized holster, 2 weeks from order to receipt?  Expectations exceeded.  KT Mech gets my vote...
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

@chemcmndr

Just want to thank you for posting this.  I ordered a KT Mech for my USP45 Expert with Streamlight TLR1HL after reading your post.  I wanted a retention holster that uses QLS forks.  The USP45 Expert wasn't a standard option in the drop down, so I emailed them ahead of time.  They got back to me quickly, had me send pictures, and said it should be no problem.

I ordered on 3/7, sent pictures that day, waited.  I just received it today, and you wouldn't know they didn't have the actual gun to make the holster.  A customized holster, 2 weeks from order to receipt?  Expectations exceeded.  KT Mech gets my vote...
View Quote

Glad to hear it! I haven’t had experience with customizing any of their options, as I’ve just used standard offerings, but I’m glad it worked out! A buddy recommended them to me when I was looking for a holster for the Arsenal Strike One (a rare one to find a holster for), and after that, I was hooked, lol.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:56:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#11]
Which KT holster are you guys using?  The defender looks like a great way to keep a fullsize USP tight in on your side.  I’m looking at one for a fullsize USP45T.  Also are you using light options, and do they use a GG&G to mold your light?

I’m thinking of calling them anyway, to ask if they can do a TLR VIR II on a GGG mount.

ETA - no phone listed so I emailed.  Will post what I receive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
Which KT holster are you guys using?  The defender looks like a great way to keep a fullsize USP tight in on your side.  I’m looking at one for a fullsize USP45T.  Also are you using light options, and do they use a GG&G to mold your light?

I’m thinking of calling them anyway, to ask if they can do a TLR VIR II on a GGG mount.

ETA - no phone listed so I emailed.  Will post what I receive.
View Quote

I’m just using the Akela since I’m using a UBL mid-ride holster attachment for competition/range use.

Interested to hear what your response is on customizing it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
They just want me to send in a VIR II.  Which I would do if I use the IR that much.  Thinking of just foregoing the light on this holster.

But they do use the GG&G mount.  Sounds after a few emails like they’re willing to do just about whatever you want.  Great customer service.   I want them for way more of my guns now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#14]
They just want me to send in a VIR II.  Which I would do if I use the IR that much.  Thinking of just foregoing the light on this holster.

But they do use the GG&G mount.  Sounds after a few emails like they’re willing to do just about whatever you want.  Great customer service.   I want them for way more of my guns now.
View Quote

I originally went with them since they’re one of the few holster companies making one for the Arsenal Strike One. After I got it, I liked it enough to get them for my USP’s and MK-23.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Did you do the interior suede lining?  I’m planning on it and I’m not sure why more companies don’t line the inside of kydex with leather or suede or something.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you do the interior suede lining?  I’m planning on it and I’m not sure why more companies don’t line the inside of kydex with leather or suede or something.
View Quote

No, I just went with the basic Kydex option.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:20:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#17]
I’ve placed my order with KT mech and am having amazon deliver them a VIR II tomorrow.  Confirmed KT has the latest GG&G rail with three slots and they do indeed.  So looks like I just get to wait but will report when I receive it.

ETA : Light delivered to them at the end of the day Tuesday, and holster shipped out today.  Very quick turnaround especially with all the add-on options I selected.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#18]
GG&G isn’t here yet but it looks very nice.  Definitely recommend KT Mech.  Less than one week turnaround!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag. I need one too
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By chemcmndr:
View Quote

Just got a KTMech for mine, it works great.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top