Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 2:32:12 PM EDT
Recently picked up a HK USP 9 mag from GunMagWarehouse. It came in Factory HK plastic bag packaging but the magazine has an Orange follower. Of all the pictures I’ve seen online USP 9 mags have black followers. Both black and orange follower mags have the exact same marking. I am pretty positive the orange follower mag is legit HK because it came from a reliable source and in factory packaging. Anyone else have these?

Looking for some piece of mind that it’s a real HK mag
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of my 17 rd VP9 mags have orange followers.  I can use the VP9 mag in my USP 9 Compact, but not the other way around.  I thought the orange follower mags were only for the VP9 17rd mags.  I don’t think the followers are the same between the VP9 and USP 9 full-size.  Maybe you got a VP9 mag?  Can you post a pic?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking around on the big auction site I saw a few new USP Experts with the jet funnel that had orange follower mags with them.

So I’d say they are legitimate.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BabaYaga22] [#3]
Here are some pics

The orange follower mag does fit and function in my USP 9 (sorry forgot to mention that)

@slingblade2006
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say they are real HK mags.   Guessing they are new and HK is following the VP9 design with the orange follower.  I don't see orange follower on HK web site for the USP, but maybe it's not updated yet.  

A quick search for 15 round HK USP 9 mags only comes up with HK as the only manufacture.  I don't even see Promag making them for the USP 9.  

I would say you got something cool.  You could always call HK customer service and ask.  They seem to be reasonable to answering questions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BabaYaga22] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Slingblade2006:
I would say they are real HK mags.   Guessing they are new and HK is following the VP9 design with the orange follower.  I don't see orange follower on HK web site for the USP, but maybe it's not updated yet.  

A quick search for 15 round HK USP 9 mags only comes up with HK as the only manufacture.  I don't even see Promag making them for the USP 9.  

I would say you got something cool.  You could always call HK customer service and ask.  They seem to be reasonable to answering questions.
View Quote

Sounds good, thanks for the reply. I’m also 99% sure they are legit, just saw a difference and thought it was worthy of a tech post. I shoot them an email at lunch and see what they say. Again it came in HK packaging from a reputable source, it’s marked HK, and no one else makes after market mags for the USP9. So it’s legit, just different is all
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:51:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BiggerStick47] [#6]
They are real, enjoy your new mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is HKs answer from their CS team, got a reply in 1 hr at 9pm CST. Damn that’s wild.

“We are transitioning to red followers for our magazines but we are still receiving both from Germany.”
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
Here is HKs answer from their CS team, got a reply in 1 hr at 9pm CST. Damn that’s wild.

“We are transitioning to red followers for our magazines but we are still receiving both from Germany.”
View Quote

Cool.  Good info.

I have noticed a mix of 'red' and black followers for my 17rd VP9 mags over the last few years.  I have been getting them from CDNN and/or GunMagWarehouse.  All of my 20rd mags still have the black followers.  I started to buy the 17rd mags before I had my VP9 for my USP 9c.  My VP9 came with two 15rd mags that I purchased the HK conversion kits to make them 17rd mags,   The kits had black followers as well.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top