Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/18/2024 2:58:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter]
Anyone seen these types of marking on a brand new USP?  Gun counter guy said it could possibly be a manufacturer defect from the frame being pressed together.  I’m not worried about it but wondering what it could possibly be from. This is a brand new USP45T.  Everything else about it is awesome.  Totally love it so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slingblade2006] [#1]
None of my HK's have those marks.  Usually the frame pressing process creates a flashing line, but that is about it.  If everything else looks ok, I would just carry on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It probably happened at the manufacturer but I highly doubt it was from the actual manufacturing process.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
Anyone seen these types of marking on a brand new USP?  Gun counter guy said it could possibly be a manufacturer defect from the frame being pressed together. I’m not worried about it but wondering what it could possibly be from. This is a brand new USP45T.  Everything else about it is awesome.  Totally love it so far.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249581/IMG_2961_jpeg-3191302.JPG
View Quote

IOW, your gun counter gun gooned your gun up by finger fucking it before you showed up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The frames are injection molded.  Not pressed together.  Someone dropped the gun or hit something against it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are called 'dents'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Another gun counter guy who is either lying or doesn't know what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate to break the bad news, but your new bride isn't blushing ...she's been previously handled.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Good responses all and agreed.  Someone out there is a dipshit.  Fortunately the marks cleaned up okay with just my own fingernail, and I plan to use red loctite when in install the GG&G.  Any good reason to not do this?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Good responses all and agreed.  Someone out there is a dipshit.  Fortunately the marks cleaned up okay with just my own fingernail, and I plan to use red loctite when in install the GG&G.  Any good reason to not do this?
View Quote

Use blue loctite. It’s plenty strong for your application.

Also those marks wouldn’t worry me it’s an HK, not a safe queen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#10]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:

Use blue loctite. It’s plenty strong for your application.

Also those marks wouldn’t worry me it’s an HK, not a safe queen.
View Quote

Yer dang right!

And thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I recommend BLUE LocTite.  You may want to remove it some day, and adding 500F heat to a polymer frame is ... not such a great idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I used blue, but red would probably not need too much heat on these tiny screws.  Just hold the soldering tip to the screw head a second or two.  Don’t need the MAP torch for everything.

But I hear ya.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top