Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/14/2024 5:52:42 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the finish on the USP slides has remained the same over the years? Or have there been changes made to the finish over time?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There are at least three different finishes on the stainless models.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaregoSix:
There are at least three different finishes on the stainless models.
View Quote

Interesting. I’ll be honest I know next to nothing about the stainless slide USP’s. Been feeling the urge to pick up a black (nitride?) 9mm USP or USPc.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#3]
HK has used plasma nitride for a long time, all the (non-stainless) USPs are finished in that. Somewhere on youtube was a video from an HK factory that had a brief view of a rack of slides coming out of the plasma furnace. Unlike the salt bath processes there's essentially no additional steps after they come out of the plasma process.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RJH1911:

Interesting. I’ll be honest I know next to nothing about the stainless slide USP’s. Been feeling the urge to pick up a black (nitride?) 9mm USP or USPc.
View Quote

The black models are carbon ordnance steel with the HK "hostile environment" finish on top which is essentially a nitriding/meloniting process

The stainless slides aren't coated, they're actual stainless steel
Attachment Attached File

There are variations over time, you can see them here
https://www.hkpro.com/threads/hk-usp-stainless-steel-slides.345754/#post-2574538

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#5]
ETA double tap, have some more USPs
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top