Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2024 9:23:14 PM EDT
Just got the front sight moved to where she shoots point of aim, and now the hammer won't lock back at full cock, slipping off the sear. I heard that this might be a recent trouble with Uberti revolvers, anyone else heard this? I have a gunsmith going to look at it on Saturday, irritating since this wheel gun has maybe 300 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Ubertis I’ve had needed to be deburred on the inside. Plenty of YouTube videos. Not that hard with the proper screwdriver bits.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have Uberti fix it on their dime
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I'd have Uberti fix it on their dime
View Quote
Probably needs a new hammer.  Send it in, they will probably pay for shipping both ways.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It has been handed over to an excellent local gunsmith.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#5]
And it's completed - pick up tomorrow and test fire. Now if my Simply Rugged holster would get here, too!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No holster, but it seems to be perfectly functional! The gunsmith said several pins were walking out internally, and he made sure everything was stuck in place, plus new springs, lube, etc. Everything felt pretty good, but proof is in the pudding, right?

I know that every single person on Arf can shoot better than me, but this was 11 paces, and it looked good to me.

Shot it again, same results,

All in all I put many rounds downrange, and I am perfectly happy with this little gun. Perfect functioning and accuracy good enough for this fat old guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top