Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 9:21:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JazzFan]
Update-  I got a tracking # from S&W today.  It took 15 days from when they received my gun to when they gave it to FedEx headed back to me.

I bought a new 442 PC online.  After taking it home it became obvious that the cylinder wasn't machined correctly as the loaded moon clips wouldn't seat deep enough for the cylinder to close.  Sent it to S&W for repair.  Anyone have any recent experience regarding the turnaround time for repairs?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vteng10] [#1]
My LGS shipped my j-frame back to them in Sept 2023 and received a sales quote for the repair services sometime in mid March, so took them ~6-7 months to evaluate my gun.  I called the customer service department for the fourth time today over the last 3 weeks and finally got ahold of someone who wanted to help me initiate the repairs.  I had asked if they'd consider repairing the gun under a warranty claim (per my gunsmith's recommendation) during the first call and that initiated a string of we'll have to re-evaluate and we promise to call you back with an answer but they never did.  

I started a complaint thread in the general handgun forum a few days ago hoping someone would chime in and offer advice about how to deal with their crummy service department, but I was written off as an idiot and crucified because I admitted to having the side plate off and working on the gun when it broke.  A few of the responses in that thread confirmed negative experiences with the S&W service department as well.  Some did say that they had great experiences.  Mine has not been.  Good luck and hope they take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#2]
Few weeks on a recent bodyguard 38 that needed a firing pin safety replaced

Few months on a 586L comp that needed hammer pin, trigger pin and complete refinish. Sent off mid december or so and received Feb 23

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top