Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/24/2023 3:05:23 PM EDT
Need a tactical/duty style holster for my VP9 Tactical with RMR and Surefire X300u.  
Is Safariland the go to option?

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They make one.

6304RDS-SP10 ALS/SLS® SINGLE STRAP TACTICAL HOLSTER

I’m looking for holsters and am surprised by the lack of them for HK. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

Looking for:
USP Compact
USP Tactical
VP9 / VP9 Tactical
VP9SK

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I found stuff on Safariland’s website but it isn’t really easy to navigate.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Not that user friendly..

Anyone able to list other quality manufacturers for the above mentioned pistols?

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 8654:
They make one.

I’m looking for holsters and am surprised by the lack of them for HK. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

Looking for:
USP Compact
USP Tactical
VP9 / VP9 Tactical
VP9SK

View Quote

I've never understood why Safariland goes out if it's way to avoid supporting HK.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I've never understood why Safariland goes out if it's way to avoid supporting HK.
View Quote

They're not the top of the market in numbers.  Safariland does make several duty holsters, which is their area of experience.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
KT-Mech
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
RDR Gear
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Useafortyfive] [#8]
Gonna end up trying an ANR design owb holster with RTI mount.  It was about $130.  I’ll try the G-code RTI mount, but I can always switch it back to Safariland QLS if I want or need to. I’ll post some pics in a few weeks once I get it.
Once I know the pistol fits ok, I’ll shop for a G-code RTI mount thigh rig/drop leg platform to mount to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Interested in the update.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#10]
KT-Mech for a duty style HK holster
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Second for KT-Mech.  Great stuff
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
Second for KT-Mech.  Great stuff
View Quote

If the ANR holster doesn’t work out I’ll look into KT-Mech
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an ANR for IWB that I really like. For OWB, I think I'll try the KT-Mech and see how they are. Does anyone know how the fabric wraps hold up? Pretty durable?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

H&K makes nice stuff, I own two.  But they are a small fraction of the market.  Glock, Smith and SIG blow them out of the water on sales.  They just don't sell that well.  Price being a big reason.  A perceived lack of support for the US market being another.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:

If the ANR holster doesn’t work out I’ll look into KT-Mech
View Quote

I have one for my USP Tactical 45 - Wild Weasel.  About to order one for my FNX 45.  KT-Mech makes good stuff. Their website is a little difficult, but customer service is top notch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 8654:
They make one.

Looking for:
USP Compact
USP Tactical
VP9 / VP9 Tactical
VP9SK

View Quote

I get zero hits when I plug "VP9+X300U+enclosed RDS" into the Safariland holster search.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Would love to see pics of your holster setup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#18]

I get zero hits when I plug "VP9+X300U+enclosed RDS" into the Safariland holster search.
View Quote
@Master_Blaster
I don't have an enclosed red dot but it looks like it would clear the height on the one I have.
The number is 6378rds-5932
Got mine from copquest for a decent price, just took a little over a month to get though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:29:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
@Master_Blaster
I don't have an enclosed red dot but it looks like it would clear the height on the one I have.
The number is 6378rds-5932
Got mine from copquest for a decent price, just took a little over a month to get though.
View Quote

Looks just like the 6304RDS-SP10 ALS/SLS, minus the SLS, so maybe safe to assume both fit. The Safariland dB search doesn't yield any hits, but whatever, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
Gonna end up trying an ANR design owb holster with RTI mount.  It was about $130.  I’ll try the G-code RTI mount, but I can always switch it back to Safariland QLS if I want or need to. I’ll post some pics in a few weeks once I get it.
Once I know the pistol fits ok, I’ll shop for a G-code RTI mount thigh rig/drop leg platform to mount to.
View Quote

ANR holster just shipped.  Took about 5-6weeks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:58:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Useafortyfive] [#21]
Just got my ANR holster.   Overall it’s pretty nice. My only gripe is that it wasn’t really shaped for a threaded muzzle.  Some light sanding pretty much took care of it though.  Just fits a little snug since it’s new I’m assuming.  Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Pic of tight but freshly sanded muzzle end of the holster.  I think the knurling on the thread protector is shaving some material off as well while I holster and unholster repeatedly to get some break in.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Useafortyfive] [#22]
Here is a pic of the thread protector just clearing the muzzle end of the holster after a few minutes of sanding with some old 120 grit sand paper wrapped around a Bic pen.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#23]
ANR makes some good holsters.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Useafortyfive] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here’s the G Code RTI drop leg mount and my new Esstac belt.  I’m a little disappointed that the belt doesn’t have a row of pals or molle or whatever you call it.  I need to see how I like the Esstac WTFix straps that I got with mag pouches I got as well.  Their pouches with the built in Velcro strap might’ve been a better way to go but I’m still playing with it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top