Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2023 3:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogfacedsoldier]
I had been keeping my eye peeled for a decent PPK .22lr for a few years, something that was interested and fun for plinking….  Curious enough to want one, but not without a good deal.  

I ended up coming across a little TPH, which I knew nothing about, but seemed like a cool little gun, price was right, so I bought it.

I did a little research, apparently dates to late 1973, early 1974.  Apparently, I stumbled into something a little too valuable to utilize as a plinker.  The few examples I could find online carried vastly different values.

Can anyone provide some insight?  Thank you.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 18B30] [#1]
An outstanding, concealed pistol for the semi permissive to non-permissive environment. Understand the limitations and make sure use high-quality copper plated ammunition.
I have carried one ankle holster in the courthouse for nearly 20 years of high profile jury trials, with no complaints and opposing counsel has yet to notice.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:
An outstanding, concealed pistol for the semi permissive to non-permissive environment. Understand the limitations and make sure use high-quality copper plated ammunition.
I have carried one ankle holster in the courthouse for nearly 20 years with no complaint and opposing counsel has yet to notice.
View Quote

How do you get past the metal detectors?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:15:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 18B30] [#3]
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
Originally Posted By 18B30:
I have carried one ankle holster in the courthouse for nearly 20 years with no complaint and opposing counsel has yet to notice.

There are exceptions to the law prohibiting the conveyance of a deadly weapon in a courthouse. Provided that there are no local or federal rules to the contrary, the following individuals may enter a courthouse with a deadly weapon:

An Ohio bailiff or deputy bailiff performing their job
An Ohio court judge or magistrate
A sheriff, marshal, or another type of Ohio peace officer, per Ohio Revised Code § 2935.01
Any Ohio state or municipal law enforcement officer
A federal or out-of-state law enforcement or peace officer operating within the scope of their duties
An individual authorized in Ohio to carry the weapon for job-related responsibilities (such as a Wells Fargo security officer)
A prosecuting attorney who requires a weapon during official duty
An expert witness or defense attorney bringing a deadly weapon as evidence in an active case

This is not an all exhaustive list.  While each court house is different, the Judges ultimately decide who can carry in their courthouse.

18Z50…..
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: foggy] [#4]
"Toilet paper handgun", they are known for being delicate. Given how few are actually out there in the wild, who knows if that's actually true.

Nice looking pistol in any case, would pick one up if I found one for a decent price.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 11:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogfacedsoldier] [#5]
Originally Posted By foggy:
"Toilet paper handgun", they are known for being delicate. Given how few are actually out there in the wild, who knows if that's actually true.

Nice looking pistol in any case, would pick one up if I found one for a decent price.
View Quote

😄 In 35 years of collecting/shooting, never heard the phrase “toilet paper handgun” (even among some real POS firearms)… fun to hear something new.  I have read that the later examples were a little finicky, but the early German Imports were highly regarded.  Regardless, gun feels robust.

Apparently, the early German guns were banned from importation, the only examples that came into the US was for LEO/Gov’t contract use, hence their rarity?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
German guns should be GTG, the USA pistols had some cast parts that may or may not be fragile.  So spare parts are recommended, but part supplies are very limited for these pistols that have been out of production for some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top