Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 5:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan]
Ordered a RAIDER as a Christmas present to myself.  Due to surgery, I wasn't going to be doing ANY shooting until May, so other than being annoying, the recall was no big deal.  Got it back today, read the spec sheet, they had a new mag in there as a thank you....THEN I got the pistol out.

The tag that goes with the pistol has a metal tab on it--when they put the pistol back in the case, they placed the metal tab UNDER the slide--so now a I have a nice roughly backwards C area where the Cerakote is worn down to the metal.......

One step forwards, two steps back.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the title change.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
How does your trigger ‘feel’
Same ?
Better ?
Worse ?

Let us know if they take care of their error.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I would hope the company that buggered up your pistol would fix it....unless it was already buggered up (which I kinda doubt).
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmb4765] [#4]
HOLY CRAP---wow, this place is sure changing, lol!!!  I had not fired it before i sent it back, so I cannot compare.  Trigger pull is listed at around 4 pounds, 10 ounces IIRC (Left it 2 hours north had to go to follow-up for my shoulder).  Otherwise brand-new in box.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
FOLLOW-UP:  2 emails and 3 phone calls later= I got was one response asking me to send pictures; I replied asking for a phone number to send them to and have had -0- responses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
10 minutes later--got an email saying they don't have any way to take pictures EXCEPT as a response to the email.   When I first got the recall notice, was told they do not accept faxes. So apparently they do not accept faxes nor have a company cell phone.  They also take multiple texts and emails to get any response.  Not feeling real good about this--send in an unfired pistol, get one back with Cerakote gone....
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Send a picture of your pistol by attaching the image file to an email to SDS customer service.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Send a picture of your pistol by attaching the image file to an email to SDS customer service.
View Quote

Yes, this is the standard business practice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Did it--will see how long for a reply and will post what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top