Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2024 1:18:27 AM EDT
I bought the RCR and the RMR HD and im going to put them on two G45s and let them take the Pepsi Challenge

From what I understand, i should buy blacked out backups.

Two questions:

1. Due to the lower plane of the RCR, do I NOT need higher sights?

2. Is there a BUIS out there that is specifically OPTIC height and preferrable over SUPPRESSOR sight height??
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#1]
The RCRs front plane is higher than the front plane of the RMR. I'd say however, that anything that's g2g with the HD is also g2g with the RCR.

Trijicon Suppressor sights should be more than good to go, or a set of Ameriglo GL-429s. You can get the the Trijicons with tritium that has black rings around the vials. I don't see an issue with tritium BUIS unless you're gonna be passively aiming the pistol under NVGs, in which case the tritium blooms and messes with acquiring your dot.

On my Staccato, my RCR is like a lower 1/8th co-witness- so as you can see, that higher front plane is definitely something to consider.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#2]
RDS compatible sights heights required depend on the pistol, factory optics ready cut or milled slide, and the RDS used.

The chart was made for the RDS we support only, and for MOS Glocks, not mille slides.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/full-size-glock-mos-rds-and-co-witnessing-sights-compatibility.html

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top