Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2024 9:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb]

Seems to be a 1940 dated "42" marked numbers matching (all the external ones I can see).   Came from a mentor of mine who purchased (likely a bring back) for $25 in 1954.   I have shot the gun.    

Holster and mag pouch came with the gun when he purchased.  Holster has a 1941 date.   Nothing I can see on mag pouch.   The mags are three digit #s and do not appear to match the guns serial #.  One of the mags (nickel) has what appears to be a wood or resin base.  

I'm likely not going to keep it, but would like to know current value, who manufacturer was, etc.   I have found Simpsons Ltd and of course there is GB.   Is there a better AR-15.com site for P08's?
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:01:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: axl] [#1]
$2-3K, would like to see the top of the chamber. The "42" is S42 which is the Mauser code. Its a nice gun, hasn't been reblued, the last grip has the broken chip but that's common.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb] [#2]
@axl

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top