Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2024 6:40:28 AM EDT
I'm looking for recommendations for pistol holsters for my Trail Boss.. I have 2 rifle holders for the backseat, but what are some good pistol holsters for the front area?

Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I wear my pistol on my person and with the exception of long road trip I’ve never taken it off in the truck.

If you plan to leave it in the vehicle I’d invest in a console vault to secure it.

Training to draw seated in your vehicle is a far better skill than some rig hooked to your vehicle.

The number one way bad guys get guns easily is theft from vehicles.

I’d recommend NEVER leaving your gun unsecured in a vehicle if possible and especially not visible like most vehicle holsters I’ve seen advertised.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Console Vault or wear it on your body.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The holster on your belt. Do you want three pounds of steel and plastic flying around if you get in a wreck?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#4]
Choose, light or no light
https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/light-soc-holster/

Attach the retention holster in the link to this (velcro). The wheel can be screwed into your vehicle's plastic, etc if that's preferred. No velcro required with that option.
https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/rti-vehicle-mounting-system/

Get that OWB holster with a belt attachment (paddle, etc). Remove the holster from your belt attachment/wheel and attach it to your vehicle's mount/wheel.  Gun and all. Only negative is the above OWB holsters are NOT a concealment setup.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, for the reply folks.. I'll be leaving for Sc soon and was going to mount it but I'll probably just wear it on my person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top