Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 9:42:20 PM EDT
Well, what's better than a Springfield TRP full rail operator?

It's 2 Springfield Armory full rail operators. Lol

All kidding aside, I'd never dreamed of owning one of my grail guns, the full rail TRP. I've lusted over the full rail for such a long time and not able to find one for sell at all. I almost gave in to temptation and buy one of the full rail Rock Island 1911 for a place holder.... but it just doesn't "look" correct. The TRP full rail with the bull barrel just screams robust, no-nonsense tactical.

Now, to own two full rail operators, my mind is just blown. In researching the TRP, I learned that there were 3 versions made. The TRP, Loaded, and Mil-Spec full rail. I equate it to "rare, rarer, rarest" in that order. I first acquired the TRP; and when I stumbled upon the Loaded full rail, I just have to have it. I have not shot the Loaded full rail yet, but the trigger is out-of-this-world. Either it's been worked on, or it's well broken-in. I'm going to assume that the gun has been worked on, since the slide stop seems longer and feels like an aftermarket part.

I never intended to try to obtain the trifacta of all 3 Springfield full rail operators, but I guess that's the side mission I'm on now. THE HUNT FOR THE UNICORN IS ON!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad you're getting what you want but I never saw the appeal in these. TRPs are great shooters
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could get one in brushed chrome
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I'm glad you're getting what you want but I never saw the appeal in these. TRPs are great shooters
View Quote

Thanks. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it just speaks to me.

If my decision was based on rational and logical thought process, I'd steer clear of these full rails (finding holster is a b1tch, and I've thought about putting them into my ccw rotation). Just like on certain days I ccw my N frame S&W
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
Wish I could get one in brushed chrome
View Quote

I saw a picture of a chrome full rail TRP on arfcom awhile back. SEXY!!! And it reignited my desire to finally get the TRP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#5]
Originally Posted By MrMONEYman:

I saw a picture of a chrome full rail TRP on arfcom awhile back. SEXY!!! And it reignited my desire to finally get the TRP.
View Quote

Years ago there was a brushed chrome TRP on the EE for a song.

Took everything I had not to pick it up on that spot and by the time I convinced myself it was gone
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice! I like the bushing gun best.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine. Is one of my grail guns as well.

Eventually I plan to replace all the MIM parts (personal preference, no issues with the stock parts thus far). But until then, I'll enjoy it as is. Slide-to-frame fit on mine is very nice, as is the trigger. Tiny bit of creep, but you have to be looking for it. Not noticeable during normal firing.

Had a local Kydex guy do me a matching pair of holsters for it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#8]
congrats, I owned one for a bit as it was my grail at the time. The heavy barrel, heavy rail, and slapping a light on there basically ate up all the recoil of the vicious 45acp. I also had to have laser grips on it, so it was pretty bad-ass as a bedside blaster.

Sold it as it was crazy annoying to carry and they started getting a premium. I really like the look without the adjustable sights, too.

Did you see they just launched a full rail emissary?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
congrats, I owned one for a bit as it was my grail at the time. The heavy barrel, heavy rail, and slapping a light on there basically ate up all the recoil of the vicious 45acp. I also had to have laser grips on it, so it was pretty bad-ass as a bedside blaster.

Sold it as it was crazy annoying to carry and they started getting a premium. I really like the look without the adjustable sights, too.

Did you see they just launched a full rail emissary?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6538_png-3157855.JPG
View Quote

Yea, I saw that. At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Then when I tried to look it up and not finding any in the web, I thought some unscrupulous dealer was trying to pull a fast  bait and switch.

I'll be waiting to see how these shake out - I've never liked the idea of being manufacturer's beta testers. I like how it looks, so eventually I may add it to the collection.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:29:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrMONEYman] [#10]
Originally Posted By BlindFaith429:
Love mine. Is one of my grail guns as well.

Eventually I plan to replace all the MIM parts (personal preference, no issues with the stock parts thus far). But until then, I'll enjoy it as is. Slide-to-frame fit on mine is very nice, as is the trigger. Tiny bit of creep, but you have to be looking for it. Not noticeable during normal firing.

Had a local Kydex guy do me a matching pair of holsters for it.

https://i.imgur.com/dgFwHUn.jpg
View Quote

NICE!!! I like that holster combo.

I'm debating if I should put a WML on the TRP, and get a custom holster for that profile; or if I should get just a holster for just the naked gun. Maybe in true arfcom fashion, I'll do both.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold my TRP for a loaded. I hated the front strap checkering that much.  

That Emissary is interesting I was going to buy a 5” 9mm Emissary but I lucked upon a Range Officer Operator for close to half of what an Emisdary cost so I grabbed it.  There’s just something about a full rail gun that looks sexy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glazer1972] [#12]

A half rail TRP? I would actually prefer a fixed sight bushing bbl but this one shoots just fine,
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By glazer1972:

A half rail TRP? I would actually prefer a fixed sight bushing bbl but this one shoots just fine,
View Quote

Full rail Loaded with Novaks is where it's at
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By glazer1972:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5273/B04479F4-7524-487E-8604-BACEEF3C2B66-2095616.jpg

View Quote

That is why I ended up selling my TRP and going to the railed professional. I looked for a Long Beach operator, but they are pretty rare bird.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jurisprudent:

That is why I ended up selling my TRP and going to the railed professional. I looked for a Long Beach operator, but they are pretty rare bird.
View Quote

I regret not buying the LB operator from a buddy for what the gun shop offered him for trade in,
but at the time I had 2 1911s and no money
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#17]
My full rail TRP was my first nice 1911, and I still have it.  I replaced the guide rod with one from Dawson, it makes cleaning a lot easier.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a set of wooden grips for mine from Ahrens.

One of them will need some custom alterations to fit properly - I've been dragging my feet on that, not sure whether I have the skills to tackle it on my own or whether I should look for a properly-talented gunsmith to do the work.

I'll have to take a photo or two and post here later.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FRBaseball:
Sequential guns are the best guns.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116300/IMG_0987-3174249.jpg
View Quote

GOALS! A man's gotta have something to live for. That's an impressive feat to pull off.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View Quote

I finally shot them both the other day, and I'm starting to agree with this statement. The TRP is nice, but the Loaded is just as nice too (and has been broken in). I'll have to continue breaking in the TRP and see where it ends up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#21]
They’re sweet shooters for sure. Very nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#22]

I finally shot them both the other day, and I'm starting to agree with this statement. The TRP is nice, but the Loaded is just as nice too (and has been broken in). I'll have to continue breaking in the TRP and see where it ends up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When I first discovered them at my distributor I figured it was a misprint beause they weren't cataloged so I had my sales guy confirm they were full rail guns. I think we probably sold a dozen just in our little shop. I should have grabbed an extra since I had mine painted. I loved everything about the TRP except the front strap checkering. If it had had something a little less agressive I would have kept it forever. I haven't held an Emissary yet but I have used guns with similar looking treatments and they felt good.

Now Springfield just needs to make a full rail Emissary in 9mm and I'll be set That square trigger guard would look great with the full dustcover.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Still have my TRP Operator but has been a safe queen. Now I'm looking for a threaded bull barrel as I have another suppressor on the way and think the TRP will be a good host.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Modded TRP in Black T are hard to beat.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CFII:
Modded TRP in Black T are hard to beat.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27821/IMG_8926-3203992.jpg
View Quote

Hell yea!!!

And I've never dreamed of being able to complete the trifacta of Springfield full rail operators, at least not this fast. But I'm waiting for my full rail Mil-spec to arrive. Can't wait to have a family picture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Discontinuing those was the most LGBTQMAP thing Springfield has ever done, and they have a long history of mistakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top