Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2023 11:44:48 PM EDT
I own full size Kimber and full size Sig pistols and both have been super reliable.  Soon I am buying a micro compact for concealed carry.  For my personal preference on this particular purchase I am only considering hammer fired, not striker fired pistols.  

I have narrowed it down to either the Kimber Micro 9 or the Sig P938 Legion.  My number one priority is reliability, but I have heard complaints about reliability issues with both guns.  

If you guys had to pick only one, which one do you think is consistently more reliable, the Micro 9 or the P938 ?  

Thanks in advance to everyone that gives helpful replies.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 938 that has ran flawlessly, about 500 rounds through 3 different mags.

The only Sig I have,  definitely not a fanboy, but I like this one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:33:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nottooslow] [#2]
I edc'd a p938 for about 5 years. I ran about 200 break in rounds, I had 1 fte in the second or third mag. After that, Every time I went to the range (admittedly only a few times a year) I would fire the magazine I had been carrying. (Federal hst 147) making sure not to disturb the built up lint and dirt, Never a hiccup. I have no experience with that particular Kimber but I remember going through the same thing when I bought my 938 and found too many Kimber horror stories.

I eventually switched to EDCing a Glock, 19x for the extra capacity during the summer of love (riots) a couple years ago but still carry the 938 when I need something smaller.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#3]
double post
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple Micro 9s. Both have been very reliable with Sig V-crown 124 gr hollow points as well as 115 gr XTPs.

The Micro comp version was attractive for both the .3” longer barrel, the threaded barrel, the included tritium night sights, and the grips, with a decent finger extension.

However I did find the comp made it a little more shootable in terms of faster recovery. I’m not a big fan of a compensator on a self defense pistol you might at some point shoot from a close in retention position, but it has more appeal than I expected. Between the grips and the comp, it’s much more p,ess ant to shoot than the standard model.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
My kimber runs a variety of crappy test ammo just fine. Before buying I found that I greatly preferred the kimber hand fit and safety vs what I call a nub for the baby sig safety. It can't be reliable if I whiff the safety in a hurry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m not going to be any help, because BOTH are extremely reliable. Either way you go, you’ll be pleased. Let us know what you decide.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]
My co worker complained that his 938 was picky about ammo.

My Micro 9 has been flawless so far.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunjunki] [#8]
I have 2 micro 9's. Had Kimber send me a new one after 2 trips back to them due to it dropping the magazine after every shoot. I use Sig 938 magazines due to them having the pinky curved baseplate. Both are extremely accurate.
By far this is the easiest to conceal. Leather holster is a Kramer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a two Micro 9's. A Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall and a Micro 9 ESV TWO TONE(MC)(TP) with mini-compensator. Both have ran flawlessly and have earned their place in my carry rotation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top