Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 9:07:55 PM EDT
A work acquaintance is looking to get rid of his inherited guns, and has an OK shape 6 inch blued Python that I'm kicking around getting. No pictures of it, but I did slap eyes to it in person and it looks pretty good.

There's worn bluing around the tip of the muzzle and cylinder from being carried in a holster, doesn't look like there's any rust and no signs of a refinish. Bluing looks pretty good, but does not have that original super deep blue the Python was known for and looks a little lighter in age. Not bad, but has that used patina that goes along with what I consider to be "shooter grade". Mechanically everything felt fine, the trigger felt great and timing seems to be good to go. The stocks look to be original but are a pretty used condition. Checkering is strong, but the bottom edges show wear and chipping.

Completed auctions on gunbroker are all over the place, I don't see a whole lot of examples that seem comparable.

Not looking to get one over on this guy, he's a good person who just isn't into guns and would rather have the money to put towards his family. He knows I'm a gun guy and trust worthy so he just told me to make what I think is a fair offer that price would be good in his book.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably 12-1500 as a guess. You can buy new style Pythons now for around $1450 +/-. In perfect shape, with box, etc. the older one could go 2500 to the right buyer. This depends on year of manufacture as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My shop has a damn near perfect 1979 6 inch blued with the original box for $2500.  I haven’t jumped yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top