Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2022 3:32:15 PM EDT
I was looking for replacement original grips for my Mod 94, and it looks like Taurus has discontinued the model.Ideas?

Going to search every gun part.com….
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine came with Hogues.  Maybe check their site?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I did, bought mine in 1989, Dad decided he was going to shoot it while I was deployed, but he lost the box and original grips.  I’ve got a pair of early Mikes grips, the box and grips are gone.

Nothing on Taurus’ site, not sure why Taurus would let that revolver die, cheap, works, and was a perfect revolver to introduce new shooters.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Model 94 should use the exact same grips as all other Taurus revolvers of the same size. This includes the Model 85 and new 942 that replaced the 94.

I am actually running a set of 85 wood grips on my 942 since I couldn't stand the factory rubber grips.

Here is my 85 with a 3" barrel and my 942 with 2" barrel. They have the same exact grips on them.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
The Model 94 should use the exact same grips as all other Taurus revolvers of the same size. This includes the Model 85 and new 942 that replaced the 94.

I am actually running a set of 85 wood grips on my 942 since I couldn't stand the factory rubber grips.

Here is my 85 with a 3" barrel and my 942 with 2" barrel. They have the same exact grips on them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/IMG_3018_jpeg-2232479.JPG
View Quote

Never knew they made an 85 with a three-inch barrel. Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Never knew they made an 85 with a three-inch barrel. Interesting.
View Quote
And it is ported too. The rifled part is actually only 2 inches and the rest is open. My wife bought around 2000 or 2001

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnakeDoctor_IV] [#6]
What version of the 94 do you have? I’ve got a set of the OEM factory black rubber grips for the 94, but it’s the little snubby 2” barreled version…. Not sure if those would work for you. They have the little brass Taurus badge on each side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top