Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 4:44:25 PM EDT
I'd like to put a rmr or similar on my Sig 220, and was thinking of just picking up a slide that is alreadt cut for it. The only one I was able to find was on the Sig website and it's a Legion slide for north of $400. Does anyone know of another place to find one?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The SIG SAUER P220 LEGION 45 AUTO 4.4" SLIDE ASSEMBLY, OPTIC READY, GRAY may be your only option. One benefit of this slide is that it already has XRAY3 Day/Night Suppressor height sights on it. For the RMR, it would require the sealing plate.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd be better off sending your current slide to PPM, it would be cheaper and you could actually get cut for an RMR a d not have to worry about plates.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
You'd be better off sending your current slide to PPM, it would be cheaper and you could actually get cut for an RMR a d not have to worry about plates.
View Quote

Not that much cheaper. Milling and suppressor-height sights installed is $355. Then there is the shipping cost on top of that. If the OP ends up not liking the setup with the RMR on a milled slide, he is stuck with that footprint for optic choices. At least with SIG's PRO CUT, he would have more alternative choices.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Precisely!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Now if they would just offer an optic ready Carry slide for my P220…
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:

Not that much cheaper. Milling and suppressor-height sights installed is $355. Then there is the shipping cost on top of that. If the OP ends up not liking the setup with the RMR on a milled slide, he is stuck with that footprint for optic choices. At least with SIG's PRO CUT, he would have more alternative choices.
View Quote

It works for me but I get your point. I didnt think you could buy Legiln anything unless you had proof of being a Legion owner already. So your saying yiu can get a Legion slide without owning a Legion pistol?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:

It works for me but I get your point. I didn't think you could buy Legion anything unless you had proof of being a Legion owner already. So your saying you can get a Legion slide without owning a Legion pistol?
View Quote

Of that, I am not sure. I would contact SIG and ask them for clarification. If they do say that you can only buy LEGION parts is you are a LEGION member, then I would ask about an alternative solution, like having a P220 LEGION 45 slide done in black and without the LEGION logo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s listed under the slides in the shop section so I would think it’s available to anyone, perhaps the Legion scheme isn’t selling like SIG would like so might as well sell some slides eh?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ordkhntr] [#10]
So,
Turns out you can't order the Legion slide. Instead I ordered one for my 226 that has a Romeo X Pro on it.
I guess I'm back to finding someone to mill the slide I have on my 220. I'm actually now thinking of putting a Steiner MPS on it. I can get one discounted through a program we have at work, Expert  Voice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you know anyone that has a Legion that could order one for you? I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t have to be a P220, but any Legion will allow you to purchase one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont
I am going to call Sig on Monday and see if there is a workaround. If that doesn't work there is a local gunshop that is a pretty big Sig dealer, I might see if they can get on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
@ordkhntr

What did you find out?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I found a possible workaround and am holding off posting anything to see if we can work something out. Once I know more I'll post up.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Please do, I have been converting all of my classic Sigs over to a red dot and all I have left to do are the 220s. Thanks….
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]
For those following along, I was able to place an order today for the Legion slide. If you try ordering online it is not an optin unless you already have a Legion firearm. I was able to call and order it. The person I talked with was great and we got it done. I told him that I knew of other folks that were trying to find a 220 slide as well and he said he would happily help. SO, if anyone else is interested, send me a pm and I will share his contact info.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ordkhntr:
For those following along, I was able to place an order today for the Legion slide. If you try ordering online it is not an optin unless you already have a Legion firearm. I was able to call and order it. The person I talked with was great and we got it done. I told him that I knew of other folks that were trying to find a 220 slide as well and he said he would happily help. SO, if anyone else is interested, send me a pm and I will share his contact info.
View Quote

That is great. It never hurts to try. Talking to someone does help instead of just relying on a website.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Kudo go to @mew for this one. He's the one that pointed me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad to help, Ryan is a true representative for the Legion and Sigsauer
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is a nice shot of the new Legion slide on my old p220 andmy mk25 with its new slide/optic. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
I think they look pretty good!   Now I just need an adapter plate to mount the MPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top