Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2024 9:16:32 PM EDT
My first gun belt I ever bought was an Ares Ranger probably 10-15 years ago, before Illinois even legally let people carry guns. I wore the thing daily and eventually laws changed and I got a permit and started actually carrying a gun on it. The belt held up stupidly well. I still have it hanging up on my closet door collecting dust. My issue with it was that over the course of the day it tended to loosen up a tad. After being a respectable adult and throwing Ares more of my money and ordering their newer rendition of their adjustable belts, I was disappointed to find that my new and somewhat pricey replacement had the same issue, it would loosen up on me. No bueno when carrying a gun.

After doing some research I reluctantly settled on trying a ratcheting belt from Kore, knowing full well it was imported. Well, the f***ing thing worked....... damn well. Its also held up well. Yeah the belt itself is starting to fray in places, but it synches up and it stays exactly where I need it to. It has never given me an ounce of trouble, and adjusting it is stupidly easily.

Ok so this evening I am watching Utube and yet another "we the people" holsters ad pops up, but this time its for a belt. I am not in the market for anything gun related, but I happen to pay attention to the ad and its for a ratcheting style belt. Being somewhat aware that "we the poeple" products are made in USA, I stop eating my grassfed burger patty and immediately jump on their website. I find the advertised belt. Sweet. I scroll through and read the information on it, and am saddened to find its imported.

So, my Kore belt will stay on my waist. Id gladly pay 2x what these belts are going for, but one that was made with better materials, by people not on the other side of the world. Que sera sera I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Kore had a MIA option for $20 more?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By User55645:
I thought Kore had a MIA option for $20 more?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Grip 6?https://grip6.com/collections/all-belts

Currently wearing a pair of their socks and they are awesome.  Only wish the belt had a little stretch to it, like a Groove Life.  Wear the Carbon for TSA fuckery.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually pretty disappointed in my Kore belt.

I wore it to work for two weeks and it just can't take the abuse It is frayed and whatever coating is on the bucket just can't stand up. Meanwhile the leather and kydex hybrid I had for years from CompTac just keeps on ticking and looks fine
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Made in USA Kore belts

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/usa-made-collection
View Quote

They need to add leather belts to the USA line. The only reason I ever bought a Kore belt was because they looked like a leather belt but had nearly the infinite adjustment of a Wilderness. Unfortunately, their leather belts are cheaply made Chinese hot garbage. If I was going to wear black nylon, might as well stick with Wilderness.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my KORE. Had it for almost 4 years, worn daily. 2 years ago, I ended up in the gulf waters with it on (unknowingly) and I can confirm it has held up great, even after being in saltwater. The buckle is worn, but so in my RMR from rubbing on it.

I’ll buy another eventually but it’s still holding up great.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glazer1972] [#8]
Wilderness sucks.
Ares Aegis sucks.
Kore sucks.

Daltech Force Leather with a steel liner is good.

Spec Ops Better BDU Belt is good quality but limp biscuit.

I had a First Tactical Range Belt but it threaded through the buckle backwards and I didn’t like it enough to use it long enough to see if it held up.

Daltech Force Super Bio Special Ops is the only synthetic belt that I’ve found worth having.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I found and wear a Carhartt ratchet belt that works well.

https://www.carhartt.com/product/800598/nylon-adjustable-industrial-belt
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrayMan66] [#10]
I'm also looking for a good basic carry belt.  Ran across this, but no info on where it's made.

Blade-tech
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Just went from a 1791 leather to a Kore.
Already in love with it, the smaller adjustment scale for gut comfort without looking like I'm going fully dirty old man unbuckling my belt to sit comfortably.  Noticed sans EDC gear the pants stay in place while semi loose due to the rigid factor.

Trying to remember the one ratcheting belt that had a come along style belt buckle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:11:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#12]
Nexbelt is pretty decent in my opinion. Mine is 2 years old and the belt material has softened and distorted quite a bit. Solid carry belt that I wear for everything from hunting to business suits.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/gun-belts/products/rogue-black-edc-belt

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm mixed about my kore, I should probably have gotten a smaller buckle for starters but I find it too stiff to be honest
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Meangeneleather is a usa made belt. Similar to lore that it’s infinitely adjustable. But not a ratchet
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By glazer1972:
Wilderness sucks.
Ares Aegis sucks.
Kore sucks.

View Quote

I've been wearing an Ares Aegis Belt every day for almost a decade.  I have no complaints.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I have seven Kore Essential track belts.

Good to go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Nexbelt is pretty decent in my opinion. Mine is 2 years old and the belt material has softened and distorted quite a bit. Solid carry belt that I wear for everything from hunting to business suits.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/gun-belts/products/rogue-black-edc-belt

View Quote

Same here.

I did have one screw in the buckle disappear. I emailed Nexbelt and they immediately send a couple of spares and a small torx key to fix it. I have two of them now and they both have worked well for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top