Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2023 3:41:47 PM EDT
I happen to have a nice pre-WWII commerical Luger in .30 Luger/7.65 Luger...with a bunch of ammo to go with it. I was thinking of dragging it to the range just for shiggles.

But, it's only got one magazine, I think...I'm not even sure how to tell 9mm from 7.65 magazines apart. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, yes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I belive the geometry of the magazine and feed lips are the same. There are different spring strengths for the .30 and 9mm versions but I've been using them interchangeably for years without any noticeable isssues.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, thanks! I've got a handful of Mecgars in 9mm, and a couple of original aluminum bottomed mags in 9mm, but my lone 30 Luger mag has a wood bottom...I'd prefer not to use it, along with the other 9mm luger mags I have with wood bottoms. Those all sit in a nice pile away from everything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top