Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2024 11:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586]
Just picked one up that has both a metal trigger and recoil spring guide. I’m assuming they were both added at some point by the previous owner (not that it matters either way).

Already ditched the Recovery Tactical grip. Have a set of G10 grips on the way. With the horse trading I did this pistol was free. I’m happy with it and already have an M9.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
They started around 2001 or 2. It also depended for a while on whether the guns were US made, or Italian.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By J-D1911:
They started around 2001 or 2. It also depended for a while on whether the guns were US made, or Italian.
View Quote

Started plastic around then?  This and my M9 are US made. The M9 is only a few years old and came with a plastic trigger and recoil spring guide. I’m assuming they were added on the 92FS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they were added.

My Italian made 92fs that I purchased new in 2009 came with a plastic trigger, guide rod, safety and mag release.  I bought a metal parts conversion kit directly from Beretta and swapped the parts over.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Added by a previous owner.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Just picked one up that has both a metal trigger and recoil spring guide. I’m assuming they were both added at some point by the previous owner (not that it matters either way).

View Quote

If the plastic was 'just as strong' the INS spring would be a drop in replacement part with it.

The bean counters sold you on the idea that cheaper was just as good or better - And you fell for it...

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#6]
Tossed on some “cool hands” G10 grips from Amazon. Cheap grips for a free handgun. The fit and finish are actually excellent. Need to grab some non boogered up grip screws but good enough for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aaron56:

If the plastic was 'just as strong' the INS spring would be a drop in replacement part with it.

The bean counters sold you on the idea that cheaper was just as good or better - And you fell for it...

View Quote

Doesn’t really matter. Both are range toys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Started plastic around then?  This and my M9 are US made. The M9 is only a few years old and came with a plastic trigger and recoil spring guide. I’m assuming they were added on the 92FS.
View Quote

Yeah, started adding plastic.

The poly triggers still have a bit of steel in them for strength at least. I always change them out for steel parts.
Both the FS and M9 models got the poly parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top