Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2024 9:25:26 PM EDT
So, I just ordered a Springfield Armory XDM Elite 9mm OSP as a platform for trying out pistol optics. I already own a wide variety of handguns, but this will be my first handgun that is drilled for an optic.

I know that I'll like the pistol itself, as I already own the exact same gun but it's the model that isn't drilled for optics.

For those of you who run an optic, what do you recommend ?

I'm leaning towards something from Holosun, but I'm open to all suggestions!

Pictures of your setup would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Trijicon RMR. I like it. Just gotta train on finding the dot quickly. Not in a position to take a pic right now, but I’ll try to come back later and post one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a number of MRDS on handguns now including Vortex Venom, Holosun 407K X2, Trijicon RMR01, Trijicon RMR06, Trijicon RMRcc.

If durability is your number one concern then I would get a full size RMR.  If you want to balance durability with cost then the Holosun BATTERY (not solar) are of good value.  If you want to hate life then by all means buy a Vortex MRDS.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Just to clarify, this setup will be for range use only, just to see if I like using a pistol optic at all.

I've had trouble with rifle red dots due to an astigmatism, but have been told that this is sometimes less of an issue with handguns. I guess we will see.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pctech:
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Just to clarify, this setup will be for range use only, just to see if I like using a pistol optic at all.

I've had trouble with rifle red dots due to an astigmatism, but have been told that this is sometimes less of an issue with handguns. I guess we will see.

View Quote

I would recommend a Green dot Holosun. Green for the astigmatism and the Holosun as you can get into one for half the price of an RMR and still be reliable/durable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top