Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 9:16:20 PM EDT
I fucking have fallen in love with this setup and want to turn my G19.5 MOS out a lil anybody used this system is it legit?  It's sexy for sure & this poor Gen5 MOS 19 I bought it 4 yrs ago and it's just sat in it's case as I have so many FDE 19's I use....................

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty interesting.  Almost like a Macro setup.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By voodochild:
View Quote

That's where I'm at on the concept myself......................I guess I'll eventually buy it in the coming month or two and report back
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It does look nice.

I’d probably just have the oem slide ported if it was mine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeistACWM] [#4]
Personally, I think the trend of cutting up slides within an inch of its life is kinda meh, and I own some..

The name alone is cringy.

I don’t think they released a factory ported MOS, but I’d be more inclined to cut on a factory slide. Or externally comp it.

Looks no different than a sea of them on eBay, to me.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
View Quote

The problem with the macro "comp" is that it's a piss poor design.  The barrel is shorter than macro slide, and barrel needs to reciprocate through it.  This means any gas leaving barrel is going to follow path of least resistance and do forward out the big hole, not make a 90° turn and go up out a smaller hole.  The ziaffiri set up is  better, but effective comps on handguns need an expansion chamber and decently large port.  I can't tell about the ziaffiri barrel, but I hope it has the rifling erased under and downrange from Port, otherwise accuracy isn't gonna be very great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DH243:

The problem with the macro "comp" is that it's a piss poor design.  The barrel is shorter than macro slide, and barrel needs to reciprocate through it.  This means any gas leaving barrel is going to follow path of least resistance and do forward out the big hole, not make a 90° turn and go up out a smaller hole.  The ziaffiri set up is  better, but effective comps on handguns need an expansion chamber and decently large port.  I can't tell about the ziaffiri barrel, but I hope it has the rifling erased under and downrange from Port, otherwise accuracy isn't gonna be very great.
View Quote

If it's anything like Scheumann Hycomp porting or Staccatto Ghengis Komp porting, there is actually an expansion area relieved inside the bore under the port, making a small baffle face like a real brake.  Until that bullet leaves the actual muzzle, there's nowhere for expanding gas to go BUT upwards and because uncorked gasses are so much faster than the bullet (3X-4X faster) that a lot of them do end up venting up and out between the time the base of the bullet leaves the rifling and the time the base of the bullet leave the baffle at the end of the barrel.

No it's not as good as a tuned IPSC 7-port 2011 compensator or anything... but the differences in muzzle flip are measurable even on simply ported pistols like Glock C-models and Magnaports.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
ZP stuff always seems cheap to me.  I had the ninex19 which is similar and enjoyed it.  Added benefit was irons forward which is superior.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DH243] [#8]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

If it's anything like Scheumann Hycomp porting or Staccatto Ghengis Komp porting, there is actually an expansion area relieved inside the bore under the port, making a small baffle face like a real brake.  Until that bullet leaves the actual muzzle, there's nowhere for expanding gas to go BUT upwards and because uncorked gasses are so much faster than the bullet (3X-4X faster) that a lot of them do end up venting up and out between the time the base of the bullet leaves the rifling and the time the base of the bullet leave the baffle at the end of the barrel.

No it's not as good as a tuned IPSC 7-port 2011 compensator or anything... but the differences in muzzle flip are measurable even on simply ported pistols like Glock C-models and Magnaports.
View Quote

Yeah, but thats assuming they relieved rifling.  A glock c or magnaport has pretty small ports and are far enough back on barrel that there is dwell time between ports and bullet leaving bore.  The sig macro comp is a joke.  Comps like shadow system and radian are pretty effective  due to large expansion chamber and tight baffle bore hole, while still being small footprint and retaining carry quality of original pistol.

While the 2 you mention work great, they're also 4-700 in cost on your pistol, compared to this complete topend
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah, but thats assuming they relieved rifling.  A glock c or magnaport has pretty small ports and are far enough back on barrel that there is dwell time between ports and bullet leaving bore.  The sig macro comp is a joke.  Comps like shadow system and radian are pretty effective  due to large expansion chamber and tight baffle bore hole, while still being small footprint and retaining carry quality of original pistol.

While the 2 you mention work great, they're also 4-700 in cost on your pistol, compared to this complete topend
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is the macro the one with just the slide longer than the barrel and then the front of the slide is ported like a comp?

LOL, yeah, that one is a complete joke.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Is the macro the one with just the slide longer than the barrel and then the front of the slide is ported like a comp?

LOL, yeah, that one is a complete joke.
View Quote

Yeah, not for sure what its exact sig name is but it's a 365 macro or xl slide with a short barrel and a mock comp slot in slide.  It's as poser and as effective as fake hood scoops on a car.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that's why I asked I own 6 G19's and have yet to leave OEM spec.  Thought it might make for a fun gun but now I'm looking verry hard at the Radian Afterburner setup so I might have factory slide cut with one or two weight reduction cuts and install that Radian Fluted barrel with Afterburner..................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top