Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 6:50:14 PM EDT
ill be putting an rmr on a g19 ive never shot a red dot on a handgun. what would you guys recommend as far as co witness height and irons in front or back of the optic. thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
well, I was skeptical on mounting a dot....on a G19 I would get suppressor height sights, as far as co-witness? when I transitioned into red dot sights I read and heard so much about it.. 1/3 or absolute... to tell you the truth you put the dot on and once sighted in you focus either on the dot 100% and don't notice the irons, or you can focus on the irons. after just a few range sessions my eye was automatically drawn to the dot. I do occasionally now practice actually focusing on the sights... just in case. but the dot is so much quicker for my older eyes to grab and hold onto.
just my two cents and hope it helped a little.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#2]
I went with Ameriglo gl-411 supressor height irons, .315 front /.394 rear for a 1/3 sight picture on my G45, I find it very usable once accustomed to a dot.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Irons in front and vestigial bottom 1/5th witness.

I started out with the usual rear irons.
If I was learning it all over again,  I'd remove the iron sights completely and put on a Primary Arms ACSS Vulcan RDS.

When starting out, all the irons do is hobble your learning curve.
Putting them at the rear, cripples the curve most of all.
Take it from me. I've ridden that fail boat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted mine as low as possible so I went with gl400 on my direct milled glock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes get suppressor height sights so you can see them through the 'window.'  The irons and the dot do not have to co-witness though they probably will.  That is helpful as then you can easily determine if one or the other has shifted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok thanks for the advice. I am planning to use battle werx for the cut they have a few different options to choose from that's why I was curious about co witness height
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedxj:
Ok thanks for the advice. I am planning to use battle werx for the cut they have a few different options to choose from that's why I was curious about co witness height
View Quote

BW does excellent work.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Do I need a sealing plate for the rmr? I'm using an rm06 type 2 if it matters
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I'm running a sealing plate for my RMR06 type 2 might not be necessary but does not cost much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Yes, a sealing plate is suggested for any slide where the optic overhangs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top