Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 9:24:08 PM EDT
Looking for some of the striker control devices for gen 4 and gen 5.  I see where Langdon Tactical has them listed on their website but they haven’t been in stock for weeks now.  

I see generic SCD parts listed on eBay from non reputable vendors so I’m not interested in those.

Any idea where to source legitimate well manufactured parts or do I just have to keep waiting on Langdon to do another manufacturing run?

Appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#1]
Learning how to re-holster your pistol correctly is free, no $80 gadget needed.  Take all the time you need; there is no competition for "fastest re-holster".
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
Learning how to re-holster your pistol correctly is free, no $80 gadget needed.  Take all the time you need; there is no competition for "fastest re-holster".
View Quote
0 value response. If someone wants a SCD for appendix carry I wouldn't fault them for wanting an extra layer of safety.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been shooting Glocks for 30 years and I’ve never seen one in person. How do they work?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
I’ve been shooting Glocks for 30 years and I’ve never seen one in person. How do they work?
View Quote

LTT Glock SCD

It replaces the rear slide plate with a unit the allows the plate to hinge on a pin and free float.  There’s a protrusion on the inside of the plate that if actively held in place prevents the striker from moving rearward when the trigger is pressed.  It’s kind of the equivalent of pressing against the hammer of a hammer fired pistol to prevent the trigger from being pulled.

It’s just extra insurance for holstering.  I recently took a class with a reputable instructor who spoke highly of them and has pressure tested the units.  He had one installed in his personal Glock.  So I’m looking to get a few and try them out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Sign up for email notification from Langdon.   You should get a notice when they are in stock.  Don't wait around when you get your notice.  They don't stay in stock for long.  I bought both of mine this way.  G5 and slimline.  Currently waitinglisting for another.  Quality is good as ever.  Ignore the naysayers.  Your pistol.  Your balls.  Use an SCD if you fee like it.  I carried HK LEM for near a decade (and still do on occasion).  Thumb on the rear of the slide is a well ingrained habit.  I have 4-5k rounds through two Glocks with stryker control devices.  Zero issues.
Top Top