Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 8:54:07 AM EDT
First I have read that it is safe to run 32 acp through the gun as the round is semi rimmed and will work without moon clips, has anyone here actually tried that with success and/or with issues? next I saw some 120gr double tap hardcast in I believe it was 327 federal Magnum, or it was 32 hr Magnum, but either way I wasn't sure if this revolver would take the higher pressures of the hardcast stuff?, many years ago, I had an older 45 colt SA revolver made in Italy, and had a box of Double tap 325gr wfngc hardcast, didn't know it was only good for large frame revolvrs at the time, but I fired a few rounds and then the hammer locked back and the cylinder would not rotate at all, and the gun was essentially done..
Now I know 45 colt and 327 are a big difference, however I know the typical 327 federal is around 80grs, so just wanting to know if anyone here has tried that stuff out of their Taurus 327s?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be “safe” in .327, if it ignites. See my post in the other thread. .32 ACP operates at much lower pressure than .327 Fed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
It will be “safe” in .327, if it ignites. See my post in the other thread. .32 ACP operates at much lower pressure than .327 Fed.
View Quote

I just ow seen your other reply and responded.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, looking for a speed loader for this guy, I'm seeing one that shows for the HR 32 Magnum, will that also fit the 327 federal Magnum? but also saying for s&w k frame style revolvers, anyone here that has one of these Taurus know any good routes to go? also would you recommend speed strips over speed loaders? I was looking  at them as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#4]
You neglected to state an actual model number.

Here is the HKS website chart.

http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/SpeedloaderPage.html

Depending on the model, yea same as a k frame OR SAME as a J frame.   Not interchangeable between sizes though.

I have mostly HKS speedloaders.  There a bit archaic and slower to use than others but the don’t wear out easily.  I have Safariland push loaders that were whupped when I got them.  I basically had a bad EE deal on another site when they were pawned off on me.

Oh and yes .32 S&W, .32 H&R and .327 Fed are all the same case head as far as speed loaders like .38 and .357 magnum.  I am certainly not saying they’re the same strength cases just in general outside shape.

I want a S&w model 16 4” but I’ll never afford one.   A Ruger sp101 .327 is my likely route.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot .32 ACP in my SP101 all the time. Biggest issue is sometimes a case will get stuck under the ejector star.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The issue that you may find with the 32 auto is head space.
The rim may be big enough to hold the case in the chamber but the distance to the firing pin can be too great because the thickness of the rim is thin.

I have this model.  327 mag black 2" barrel.
And yes I have ran 32 auto in it just for kicks.
Mostly I shoot 32 longs in my 327revolvers.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
You neglected to state an actual model number.

Here is the HKS website chart.

http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/SpeedloaderPage.html

Depending on the model, yea same as a k frame OR SAME as a J frame.   Not interchangeable between sizes though.

I have mostly HKS speedloaders.  There a bit archaic and slower to use than others but the don’t wear out easily.  I have Safariland push loaders that were whupped when I got them.  I basically had a bad EE deal on another site when they were pawned off on me.

Oh and yes .32 S&W, .32 H&R and .327 Fed are all the same case head as far as speed loaders like .38 and .357 magnum.  I am certainly not saying they’re the same strength cases just in general outside shape.

I want a S&w model 16 4” but I’ll never afford one.   A Ruger sp101 .327 is my likely route.
View Quote

well I believe it is the model 327,  at least that is what I blieve it said on the box, its the black snubby 2" or so far about 375 plus tax.
Top Top