Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 12:18:02 PM EDT
got myself a Taurus 327 federal Magnum, mainly for its ability to chamber multiple calibers which I find useful, but those who shoot the 327 federal or 32 h&r Magnum, how would you stack it against say 38 or 357 Magnum? or even mm as far as performance, accuracy, reliability for stopping a potential threat etc? I got a box of Hornady 80gr I believe xtp or ftx, whichever has the red polymer insert in the nose. and got a box of pmc bronze 32 acp as I've also seen it can run 32 acp in a pinch, but that's just more for plinking use.

who would or wouldn't trust their life to a 327 federal Magnum?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HomeAtLast] [#1]
I think that it's a good performing caliber but is relegated to share a place in history with the .45 GAP, .357 SIG, .30 Super Carry, etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Ruger LCRx and an SP101 in .327 this year.  32 S&W ammo is very mild.  32 H&R is not bad either.

Only fired a few cylinders of real deal .327 and it is stout.

.327 brass was backordered at starline for a few months but I am set now.  I've been loading relatively light loads, 4 grains TG with a 78 grain LRN and 3 grins TG with a 98 grain WC.

Good accuracy overall.  Not sure I would carry it in favor of a .38 snubby or .380 auto, but possible.

I like oddball calibers (10mm revolvers, .41 mag), that's why I bought them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HuskerTanker:
I bought a Ruger LCRx and an SP101 in .327 this year.  32 S&W ammo is very mild.  32 H&R is not bad either.

Only fired a few cylinders of real deal .327 and it is stout.

.327 brass was backordered at starline for a few months but I am set now.  I've been loading relatively light loads, 4 grains TG with a 78 grain LRN and 3 grins TG with a 98 grain WC.

Good accuracy overall.  Not sure I would carry it in favor of a .38 snubby or .380 auto, but possible.

I like oddball calibers (10mm revolvers, .41 mag), that's why I bought them.
View Quote

Well another reason I got this thing too was to have something My lady can shoot, sh hasn't much experience shooting handguns and has wrist issues in her left wrist from a past injury and cant operate many slides on smi autos. sh is also recoil sensitive, so I figured this would be a good way to ladder her up from 32 acp and then up to 327 mag, and once sh is confident and comfortable with that then move onto others. but that's 4-5 calibers she can work through all on one platform, plus its something shee could carry as well regularly. i have been carrying it myself too and have found 327 federal and 32 hr mag ammo regularly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elgin25:

Well another reason I got this thing too was to have something My lady can shoot, sh hasn't much experience shooting handguns and has wrist issues in her left wrist from a past injury and cant operate many slides on smi autos. sh is also recoil sensitive, so I figured this would be a good way to ladder her up from 32 acp and then up to 327 mag, and once sh is confident and comfortable with that then move onto others. but that's 4-5 calibers she can work through all on one platform, plus its something shee could carry as well regularly. i have been carrying it myself too and have found 327 federal and 32 hr mag ammo regularly.
View Quote

I would not count on 32 acp for defense.there are reports of inconsistent headspace .  Try it at the range and see.

32 H&R should be fine for a recoil sensitive shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top