Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/5/2024 10:29:52 AM EDT
Any reason to get one over the other?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the one with the trigger you like best. Everything else is wash.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redman556:
Get the one with the trigger you like best. Everything else is wash.
View Quote
FPNI^^^  I went with the P30 because I preferred the trigger and DA/SA over striker at the time. I've noticed that there are more holster options for the VP9, but I wouldn't let this be a deciding factor since there are decent ones available for the P30.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:32:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#3]
The P30sk can be had in variations including da/sa with a decocking mechanism

There are more holsters available for the vp9sk than p30sk - they don't always fit in the same holsters due to slight dimensional differences

Make sure to get the latest mags from HK, every size got +2 capacity last year

They're both nice pistols. For me, the LEM variant P30sk is the one
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my p30sk LEM, but I’m thinking of selling it for the VP9sk just because I want a optics ready gun for my RMR
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both and it’s pretty much a wash. The p30 is slightly smaller than the VP.  It’s not enough to really matter but figured id mention it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both. I shoot all versions of VP9 better than the P30's. I still prefer P30's. It's just a thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Own both, the VP9 feels slightly better in hand that said I prefer the P30 because I like SA/DA better. Both shoot about the same.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
A vote for the P30sk, I am personally done with striker fired, going back to hammer fired.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a few different variants. The only reason. I own a VP9 match (the only VP9s I have are two match versions B and standard match) is because there isn’t a P30 match. I asked HK about it about a year ago and recieved a reply back from HK corperate that they saw zero reason to make a P30 match.

Heck I would like to have a P30L with an optic mount. My VP9M will have to suffice for German long slide goodness.

As to OPs question. P30SK is awesome. If you get one with lower cap mags you can up date the mags with a $14 kit from KH to add two rounds without extending the mag.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:22:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lineman68] [#10]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
I have a few different variants. The only reason. I own a VP9 match (the only VP9s I have are two match versions B and standard match) is because there isn’t a P30 match. I asked HK about it about a year ago and recieved a reply back from HK corperate that they saw zero reason to make a P30 match.

Heck I would like to have a P30L with an optic mount. My VP9M will have to suffice for German long slide goodness.

As to OPs question. P30SK is awesome. If you get one with lower cap mags you can up date the mags with a $14 kit from KH to add two rounds without extending the mag.
View Quote

Where might one find a kit like this?

ETA never mind, is this it?

https://hkparts.net/all-parts/h-k-10-round-hk-vp9sk-p30sk-p2000sk-magazine-spring/
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lineman68:

Where might one find a kit like this?

ETA never mind, is this it?

https://hkparts.net/all-parts/h-k-10-round-hk-vp9sk-p30sk-p2000sk-magazine-spring/
View Quote

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/hk-vp9-17-round-conversion-kit/
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
If it matters to you the P30sk is a smaller gun, a little more so when you get the LEM version.

I like the LEM version because I have the advantage of a striker fired gun with a light first round trigger and a good reset, with the greyguns short reset, and I like being able to put my thumb over the hammer while holstering the gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no empirical evidence to support my opinion, but here it is any way:

Over the past 30+ years I have owned and/or used a significant number of HK firearms.  Just today I tool a HK45 and HK45C to the range at lunch.  Anyway, I have owned ONE VP model and while I thought it was more refined than a Glock, I felt it was not to the standard of care I see on HK's hammer fired handguns.  My experience with HK hammer fired started in 1995 and continues to this day.  I have zero interest in owning another VP while I have a Glock Gen 5 in my holster as I type.

TLDR:

P30SK (it is one of their best designs ever)
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Max429:
A vote for the P30sk, I am personally done with striker fired, going back to hammer fired.
View Quote

This, I have one striker fired left.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:
The P30sk can be had in variations including da/sa with a decocking mechanism

There are more holsters available for the vp9sk than p30sk - they don't always fit in the same holsters due to slight dimensional differences

Make sure to get the latest mags from HK, every size got +2 capacity last year

https://i.imgur.com/hsehAZ5.jpg
View Quote
What he said.

The p30sk with gray guns trigger and short reset, blows the vp9 away.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By akethan:
Too bad they don't make the P30 optic cut.
View Quote

Yep. There are 3rd parties that’ll do it.
I had one done by L&M who’s since retired but the Wright Armory i-dot system is very similar, or Langdon Tactical is doing them now too
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
I have no empirical evidence to support my opinion, but here it is any way:

Over the past 30+ years I have owned and/or used a significant number of HK firearms.  Just today I tool a HK45 and HK45C to the range at lunch.  Anyway, I have owned ONE VP model and while I thought it was more refined than a Glock, I felt it was not to the standard of care I see on HK's hammer fired handguns.  My experience with HK hammer fired started in 1995 and continues to this day.  I have zero interest in owning another VP while I have a Glock Gen 5 in my holster as I type.

TLDR:

P30SK (it is one of their best designs ever)
View Quote

Noticed that too. And recall the VP9 was substantially cheaper than the p30 for a while. Like $400 vs $600. As it gained popularity price went up to match or exceed p30
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#19]
If HK makes a P30SK with an optic cut i'm in
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Have both and have shot and carried da/sa pistols since the 80s. That being said I prefer the VP9 over the P30 which really surprises me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:

View Quote

This ^^

I have both, like both, but now find myself leaning back to hammer fired.
The P30SK LEM, with a Gray Guns short reset, fuggedaboutit.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top