Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2023 6:09:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunwolf]
I have a TX-22, a GSG 1911 and a few other .22lr pistols...
a few weeks back I bought a P17 for $239 from a local gun shop... since then from day one... went through a box of 500 Thunderbolts and a box of 333 federal, and a misc handful of rem goldenbuletts and sub sonics... it ran everything. I'm probably at about 800 +rounds fired, NO failure to eject, NO failure to feed... I had the usual 10 or so light primer strikes, where I put the cartridge back in the mag and it then fired (sometimes they have to be rotated a bit)

I have owned a few sub 2000 rifles but for the most part avoided kel-tec... until now... I'm going this week to buy me another P17 for the wife, and maybe one for my daughter.... what a great design.. only gripe is... I shoot alot without eye protection.. this things spits a bit back at ya. so better cover them ...
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
did you run it with a silencer?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and like it too. Mine also spits quite a bit back at me. That I don't like. My CP33 has been excellent..You should get one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Member13:
did you run it with a silencer?
View Quote

no Suppressor.... I believe it's the unique slide design causing it... probably be much worse with some added back pressure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xring04] [#4]
I don’t notice any more blowback from the p17 than any other pistol.  I like mine so much I ordered another one tonight.  

This one has been great. It’s had about 900 rds of bulk pack with no malfunctions other than a few dud rounds.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:57:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xring04] [#5]

Second one came in.  I ran 100 rounds of cci standard velocity through it.  Zero malfunctions.  All 100 rounds were fired with the suppressor.  

My buddy was impressed and is ordering one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 of the P17s and they're about the only KT model that I'll recommend. Also have a CP33 which has generally been a jamfest but seems to run better with a can, and is a lot of fun when it works.

The P17s have recently been at historically low prices.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By IPMan:
I have 3 of the P17s and they're about the only KT model that I'll recommend. Also have a CP33 which has generally been a jamfest but seems to run better with a can, and is a lot of fun when it works.

View Quote

Thats too bad about your CP33. Mine is one of the most reliable semiauto .22lr that I own. Are you using a mag loader? My p17 is great too. Not one single problem. It does put a lot of debris in your face when shooting suppressed. Thats my only gripe about the pistol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By IPMan:

View Quote

What ammo are you shooting in your CP33? If you are shooting CCI SV and loading the magazines correctly, you shouldn’t be having any hiccups whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
Got one today at a LGS. $150 BF sale. They sold out quick.
View Quote

@bcw107

BPS Outfitters in Sherman?
I saw that ad....shouda bought one from them but i'm 275 miles further south.

My tan P17 had a malfunction the other day and i had to send it in to KelTec.  
I hope they just replace it....cracked frame, blew the safety off, and split the mag after a round went off not 100% in battery.

I absolutely love the gun...bought another one in OD Green which received last week.
Didn't want to be without one.  Probably be a few weeks before KelTec gets back to me on mine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I like mine, I carry it around the yard when working in the garden in case I have a chance to pop a squirrel.   It works very well with a Sparrow Rimfire can as well.  Never noticed any blowback.

Now that I see that they come in desert tan I'm going to need a new one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#13]

I bought one yesterday at the gun store, I’ll be putting the can on it this weekend and see how she runs. I bought it not knowing anything about the gun but I’ve been very impressed with the positive reviews it gets.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chokker:

I bought one yesterday at the gun store, I’ll be putting the can on it this weekend and see how she runs. I bought it not knowing anything about the gun but I’ve been very impressed with the positive reviews it gets.
View Quote

Mine runs good with a can. Not so much without it, unfortunately. I way overpaid for it before they dropped this most recent batch of them and dropped the prices back down to sub-$200.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I just bought one for $199 and am looking around for suppressor ideas. What are y'all using?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
I just bought one for $199 and am looking around for suppressor ideas. What are y'all using?
View Quote

CGS Hydra SS on mine. Very happy with the combo because the can is very light, as is the gun.

Probably any .22 rimfire can will do it, but weight will be very noticeable on this gun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top