User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since this isnt for the wife and kids, will there be stripers?

... no Mike

... mostly just trout and small-mouth bass around these parts. Stripers are very tasty, but Lake Powell is the nearest body of water to fish for them

home.nc.rr.com/cokie/stripers/miles%20with%20stripers.JPG

Sorry, I meant  Strippers?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sorry, I meant Strippers?

... Oh my, heavens no

... in fact we will be enforcing all public nudity laws with any and all SOTs that may show up and decide to get frisky
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry....thats www.lasvegasbikefest.com weekend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm checking with the Mrs. to make sure I am not commited to any family stuff. I think I'm clear though and not doing any biz travel till October. Subscribing for the map and will confirm as soon as my wife get home from the store. I'll bring cans for my NFA stuff so we don't scare the neighbors as long as it's in a legal area and all the work is done of course. Winston, should I tow up my quad for dragging stuff out? It's pretty strong, I've towed Hueys with it.

Edited to add that I'm GTG on the 17th.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... Winston, should I tow up my quad for dragging stuff out? It's pretty strong, I've towed Hueys with it.

Edited to add that I'm GTG on the 17th.

... Larry, I don't think there's anything that will warrant a quad, but there's some awful nice places to ride near here.

... In fact, I'm seriously wondering if there is really 4 hours of work for a dozen folks. The after work activities will surely be fun!

... IM with map link on its way bro
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Steve, I sort of blew up my knee this weekend working out. It's been operated on once, so the doc thinks if I rest it a while I may be ok. Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it up there this weekend. Just wanted to give you plenty of notice so you would be sure to have enough help. In the meantime it's ice and pain meds for me
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Steve, I sort of blew up my knee this weekend working out. It's been operated on once, so the doc thinks if I rest it a while I may be ok. Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it up there this weekend. Just wanted to give you plenty of notice so you would be sure to have enough help. In the meantime it's ice and pain meds for me

Any one of these fine Vagisil products should work for you.  Suzy.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I may have to work on sat.  The old cabinet company that we use at work blew off a HO appt on friday.  HO is PISSED!

So I may have to do the work on Sat at their conveanice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any one of these fine Vagisil products should work for you.  Suzy.

www.combe.com/images/products/vagisilSilo.jpg

Nah, I hate the taste.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: Nah, I hate the taste.

... then spit it out!
... Seriously, we'll miss ya Larry. You'll have to settle for pictures

... And as a reminder, there is dried timber already cut to fit your fireplace - just needs hauling away. I'm brining home enough for winter. I would hope those that are coming up understand this and take home some fireplace fodder as well
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

When do you use the fireplace around Phoenix,when it gets below 80?

I have neighbors that use their fireplace all 12 months of the year.
Even if the temp is over 100, and we are in downtown Phoenix.
It is not the only stupid thing they do, so I try and avoid them completely.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... And as a reminder, there is dried timber already cut to fit your fireplace -

The house I own is older than I am (30 plus years).  The Fireplace had NEVER been used when we moved in.

Too bad this one is on a Saturday.  I'm itching to get out of the heat, but Sundays are all that could work for me at this time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Need the map link, Bro.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
... 09/15/05 PM Update in original thread!

Woo  Hoo!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
... Gonna mosey up the mountain here shortly. Perfect weather for this event!

... If you can swing it, pick up an extra bag of ice in Payson or Star Valley on your way up - we're gonna need more by this time tomorrow. Bring your camera

... Thanks again for coming up and your help

... Pictures come next!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Stuck at work today.

Need a new job; one that doesn't make me work every Saturday for 12 hours.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
BTT for update and pics..

Everything was a blast....until I ran out of cigarettes......then it got ugly.....

Just kidding...as far as I know everyone else is still up there.  We had a great time...and never even fired a shot.

Moved LOTS of scrap wood, cut down quite a few smaller trees, and cleared up a good portion of that acre.  I look like a fell through a wood chipper and then got set out in the sun, under a magnifying glass but it was worth it.   It was a great time had by all...........others should be reporting in sometime tonight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#20]
It was a great time.  It was nice to finally MarkM, though he has a strange aura of ghey about him.

We came up a bit later in the day and did a little bit of work.  We were there to help with the important part of eating and drinking.

Thanks for havin' us, Winston.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#21]
... Thanks everyone, you guys and gals kicked butt on the place. What was there 15 or 16 folks? It looks entirely different and much better. I didn't realize how cluttered and how big a fire hazard that place was.

... Made it a fun time as well. I'm a bit beat up. Some pics of the place. Didn't try to intentionally take or leave anyone's  picture specifically.

Using up some of the wood on the land

Not fancy, but it was plentiful and got no complaints

Good kids, well behaved, cute too

After pic
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It was a great time.  It was nice to finally meet MarkM, though he has a strange aura of ghey about him.We came up a bit later in the day and did a little bit of work.  We were there to help with the important part of eating and drinking.

Buwahahahaha.....  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like waaaaay more fun than I had yesterday....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The best part was being reminded how GREAT it is to live in a country where we can cut down trees, flirt with Melinoma,  own kick ass guns and get as fat as we damn well please!!!!!!!!!!!

It WAS a very good time.....would love to do it again!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best part was being reminded how GREAT it is to live in a country where we can cut down trees, flirt with Melinoma,  own kick ass guns and get as fat as we damn well please!!!!!!!!!!!

If I hear you try to mention one more time about you being "fat", I'm going to jam a Dr Pepper can were the sun dont shine.

PS-  I have your wally world special chair and translucent green plastic cup.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I hear you try to mention one more time about you being "fat", I'm going to jam a Dr Pepper can were the sun dont shine.

PS-  I have your wally world special chair and translucent green plastic cup.

Wait...how did you do that?  I thought you left before I did???  Magic???  Anyhow, thnks for the rescue...especially of the cup, that is an old family heirloom from the late eighteen hundreds......what side of town do you live on?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a great time.  It was nice to finally meet MarkM, though he has a strange aura of ghey about him.We came up a bit later in the day and did a little bit of work.  We were there to help with the important part of eating and drinking.

Buwahahahaha.....  

A great time was had by ALL!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]
how the hell do i always miss the good shit?!?!?!?!  oh wait...cause i'm always traveling for work
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... And as a reminder, there is dried timber already cut to fit your fireplace -

I have a fire place....I don't know why. Ed you wouldn't believe some of the idiots around here and when they burn logs.  "Oh it is for the ambience." Yeah Right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top