[#2]
Anyone going to a range this weekend??
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked on your site ad it was posponed due to range conditions..
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Darn it missed it again..

Let's see who has the intestinal fortitude to
shoot all three :D)

Im ready send me in coach lol..Aka ace ventura...lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to Iron Mike's shoot on Saturday.  It was my first time doing anything like that.  It was great -- even though I embarrassed myself by getting DQ'd for range violations.  However, I learned a lot and I think that I shot fairly well for a first time.  At least I was happy with my paper cutting.  

As to the DQs, I didn't come close to killing anyone.  It was my first time on a range and was used to "ranch rules" not "range rules."  I promise I'll get better Mike.

Mike and crew were excellent and VERY professional (not to mention patient and understanding) and all the participants were great and fun to be with.  A very safe environment and I absolutely want to do it again.

Wolf
Link Posted: 11/5/2004 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a shooting event to remember..I will be looking at the texas tactical site more often..
Im interested in learning some new tricks for a old dog..
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are an "old dog" like me, they might want to put us in a separate pen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol...
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cedar Park hr
Wanna meet an ARFOMer tonight?  I'm up that way.

Another from Ceder Park - very close to CPHS.
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in carrige hills Cedar park.Im going to the austin skeet and riffle range next weekend..It's on 290 a little past manor on the left hand side right after the golf course.Tony's gun range is closer but the range is limited no 100 and 50 yard due to lawsuit...And eagle peak don't allow full metal jacket rounds..Hope fully see ya there... Ask the range instructor who is Bill..I usualy wind up there after 12 noon sat and sunday... I know all them there cool bunch of guys.A no hassale place to shoot..Sure lets meet up...
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey being youre from cedar park ever try out the gun store.On buttercup creek the have alot of acessories for your ar..I got some stuff on order there a solid mid length fore arm rail from yankee hill..Cant  wait for it to come in..
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
NetscRape has been awful lately Wolf, We are in the process of building a new wesite on a different server. Did you find the info you were looking for?

You mean Nutscrape?  
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#16]
another Pflugerville here....
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I will certainly vouch for Gerald & Scott at GDS!

I've spent WAY too much $$ with these gentlemen!  (but I always left with a Big Smile!!!)

They sell excellent products at a fair price with great knowledge and customer service!!

BIGGER HAMMER

Link Posted: 11/16/2004 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've spent WAY too much $$ with these gentlemen!  (but I always left with a Big Smile!!!)

They sell excellent products at a fair price with great knowledge and customer service!!

BIGGER HAMMER

Yeah Scott is a good man.

I talk to him at every SAXET.  He knows his stuff but sometimes I think he could benefit from reading up some more on specifics.  But he knew about LaRue and their porducts and I was very impressed.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#19]
GDS

Are those the guys that charge 4-5 hundred  for a barreled upper with no bolt or carrier at the shows?

Link Posted: 11/16/2004 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Dunno.

Never bought anything from them but they do have the largest collection of AR uppers at SAXET.  I go there for the conversation only.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
GDS

Are those the guys that charge 4-5 hundred  for a barreled upper with no bolt or carrier at the shows?

Whether that is a good or bad deal depends entirely on WHICH upper you're looking at.
Ever price a NIW Colt M4 upper?

GDS has decent prices and great service, IMHO. Support your local merchants.

KS
Link Posted: 11/17/2004 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I would have no problem supporting them if they had not tryed to beat me down on a price of one of my rifles a while back.

I was asking a more than fair price for my setup but the man behind the counter just had to try to beat me down in front of a guy that was on his way to the atm to get me my money.

I will support most anyone at any show but the remarks that were made by this man were unfounded.

For starters he opened with "Thats just a kit gun (like he sells anything else) and is not worth what I'm asking and I should just sell it to him at a much lower price."
Reason =  Because it was a kit gun............................ With an A1 stock none the less and other outdated parts..................................when in all acuality the upper had been purchased from him about a year earlier, the stock and receiver was a DPMS A2 stock and receiver set. But he still felt compeled to let the world know that I was sell a piece of crap home built, which was not the case at all. I was only asking 500.00 for the setup with an a3 upper with a match HB. Hand the PSG 1 clone grip and was an excelent shooter. I had all but sold it to this guy for 500.00 when he piped in. I never knew an A2 stock could be mistaken for an A1. However I stand corrected. Of course the individual who was buying the gun looked at me and with out missing a beat said "No way, that guy knows what he's talking about." and walked off.

It was a crock of shit from the get go!

I paid almost 500.00 for the upper from him and he still felt compelled to screw me once more.

And yes I have checked the price on a new colt M4 upper and like any other colt upper their expensive as hell.
However I did manage to get mine locally for a little over $900.00, course it was attached to a LEO matched lower w/ an m4 stock. NIB none the less. Gotta love the end of the Ban

I am confident everyone makes mistakes but, I have learned to never do business for them again, out of this one.

Link Posted: 11/17/2004 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

BIGGER HAMMER

I have bought BUIS and an Eaotech from GDS as well as lots of miscellaneous AR parts.   Always very pleased.  For me, these guys are great to work with.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2004 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would have no problem supporting them if they had not tryed to beat me down on a price of one of my rifles a while back.

I was asking a more than fair price for my setup but the man behind the counter just had to try to beat me down in front of a guy that was on his way to the atm to get me my money.

<snip explanation>

You were selling some guy a rifle in front of the GDS table? I don't quite understand that, but if GDS did what you said then  that would have p*ssed me off, too. Whatever, I'm not married to them. They have treated me fair is all I was trying to say.

And yes I have checked the price on a new colt M4 upper and like any other colt upper their expensive as hell.
However I did manage to get mine locally for a little over $900.00, course it was attached to a LEO matched lower w/ an m4 stock. NIB none the less. Gotta love the end of the Ban

I'll take one of those for $900, please

KS
Link Posted: 11/17/2004 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#25]
No we met in the middle of the saxet show in the middle isle is SA. (That happens to be where GDS sets up normally)
We were then walking tward the exit to go to the parking lot.
He stopped me directly by the door where they stamp your hand.
The buyer was still near so he walked back to see what was up. Probably to make sure I was still selling it to him.

Look around they can still be found.

Look out in the country at the gunshops and ask around to see who sells to the pd
Thats how I found mine

I dont think that he realized what he was doing but it still left a bad impression with me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2004 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Fister
As far as your riffle............Hey GDS IS A DEALER THAT IS TO BE EXPECTED.  YA THEY WILL CHUM YA DOWN ON A RIFFLE..Why they Can buy the riffle less then what you paid for it.And all that is on it. And trying to fight for a sale if your gun was desirable well I would do that also... But  If you expected more then don't sell to a dealer....Any dealer wouldn't pay retail on the gun..

I will say this about GDS .I was at the last Gunshow the owner of GDS took care of me. I had a serious problem with my Ar.Or so I thought.Gas rings!!! He and I stripped it down and found the problem it wasn't chambering a new round.. He helped me out in a bind offered  to give me the parts for free and all.I paid him ofcourse.. It was close to closing of the show on Sunday ... But he still helped me. Other then that dont knock GDS..Most other gun dealers wouldn't give ya time of day.Or just respond leave it with me Ill fix it.In fact I called them the next day to thank them sincerly for the help.But soon after I had a problem with a streamlight product I bought from them the last show.Entirely not their fault at all..I will call them again...Oh Well they will help im sure. They are a respectible dealer in my mind and curtious.And I will do more bussiness with them.

This is my experience with GDS...
Link Posted: 11/24/2004 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok no problem with my streamlight m6 just a battery issue..
Link Posted: 11/25/2004 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Do 'riffles' have ridges??  
Link Posted: 11/28/2004 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#29]
On the East side, Bastrop area.  I shoot at the Manor range and Reds Indoor...
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Reds Indoor is expensive but ...It surves its purpose  for  late night shooting or sighting in say a laser and all... I shoot there also, but most of the time its Austin Skeet and Riffle range for me.Since most of my range time is on the weekends.Damn that just makes me think...Sick .I work to many hours lol.Oh well the weekends are free..

Hey anyone here try the  bowling pin shoot at reds?? Are they still doing that??
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#31]
The nice thing about Reds is that you can retrieve your targets and paste them up in a log... Great for load development or to check accuracy on different lots/cartridges
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#32]
would ya tell me, please, do riffles have ridges?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]
What kinda  ridges are  you inquiring about??
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#34]
At the manor range you can also retrive your targets..They will get em for ya just ask.I understand what your getting at testing different loads/ammo..Also they will let you shoot your own targets..Lol I made a bunch of Osama Bin Laden targets and they hung them up.....Soon after everyone on the range wanted one.... Good thing I brought extra...Lmao... Hey I could have made money that day... As far as Logging well im not sure about that.. Is the loggin done by you by comparision etc??
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What kinda  ridges are  you inquiring about??

You know, like Ruffles have ridges.... do riffles have them, too?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I had to do a search, but I finally get it. Funny stuff. I thought it was a single occurence, but I was wrong. LOL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2004 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to do a search, but I finally get it. Funny stuff. I thought it was a single occurence, but I was wrong. LOL.

Ridges hmmm.Fill me in please...
Link Posted: 12/5/2004 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#38]
South Austin here. Near McKinney Falls.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Round Rock here - met Moondawg77 the other day.

I got a new 'riffle' to sight in.  Been building a FAL.  Might try to hit Austin Skeet and 'Riffle' Range this weekend.

My riffle has ridges.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top