Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if the feds would be interested of a sting operation on corrupt police doing this shit?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The OP has never revealed what type of firearm he was trying to sell, which is understandable. All I have seen him say is that it was a rifle. If it was an AR, that would make me think twice before suing. It definitely complicates the situation, that's for sure.

I'd get multiple legal opinions, especially from a lawyer well versed with Crook Co prosecution of "supposedly banned" firearms (if there is such thing). Again, this only applies if it was an AR, AK, SKS, Mini-14, etc.

I'm sure the OP doesn't want to file a lawsuit and have the CC Sheriff turn around and try to file some BS charges (possession of an illegal firearm or some crap like that) regarding the initial incident.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
People come on.  Their fighting proposed legislation on evil assault weapons currently in Springfield.  Don't you thing the political powers that be up north wouldn't love to coincidently have a high profile illegal gun deal ( straw type purchase) to blast all over the news?

Stainless is damed lucky he didn't get victimized out of this incident. They could have thrown the entire book at him, hoping something would stick , or even dropped charges later after a big PR stunt.   Law suit?  How many lawsuits does Chicago pay off on and who is paying those costs? The suckers...  The taxpayers.  

As for definitions on Cook County.  Some of you haven't seen the Safe Streets act which has been on the books since 2007 (just not enforced) , and being currently fought in court.
CLUE  LOOK FOR THE WORD (TYPE)   Its used a lot
Theres also a 12 round limit

Leaving cold on purpose.

http://www.suffredin.org/legislativelibrary/Legislation.asp?LegislationID=352&Library=cook
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
No LEO bashing here as I worked along side of CCSPD for many years.  That being said, the sheriffs have nothing else to do as they do not like patrolling, responding to help.  They prefer to do investigations and other things, but regular patrols, doesn't happen.
Of course this does NOT follow for everyone there as there are always a few bad apples that make it bad for those who work hard and do a great job and then some.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
OP's current Armslist listings: http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?relatedto=1222604

Anyone see a pattern here?
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
This was posted on the SCC:

"There are a lot of CCSPD guys that are good cops... This investigation was initiated by a former CPD sergeant, now working directly for the moron Dart. The other UC was none other than Alderman arrogant's son, EB Jr..

The SP guys refused to take the case, but were ordered by our inexperienced and police hater Sheriff. The SP guys have there share on goofs, but this was the actions of a guy who wanted another press release!!

3/13/2013 05:41:00 AM"

Hmmm, and the plot thickens...!
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP's current Armslist listings: http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?relatedto=1222604

Actually, that person points to this thread as the source of the story... i.e. you have not shown any link between the OP here and those posts on Armslist.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Wrong Answer

I'm not the OP

I do post some stuff about legislation on Armslist

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, I sold the OP a rifle a month or two ago with no drama or sheriffs deputies showing up.

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FWIW, I sold the OP a rifle a month or two ago with no drama or sheriffs deputies showing up.  

Just to clarify, do you mean StainlessSteel, or "not wtrloo"?

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You need to call FOX NEWS and relay the story. Also, get in touch with the NRA publications same thing. We aren't a communist state yet.

+1 and Rush Limbaugh too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#12]
i spoke to a cook county sheriff's deputy acquaintance tonight.  i told him about this bogus story that i heard on the forums.... he confirmed this and knew all the details.  said they are starting this type of  thing and it was a screwup to detain the OP.  watch yourselves.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i spoke to a cook county sheriff's deputy acquaintance tonight.  i told him about this bogus story that i heard on the forums.... he confirmed this and knew all the details.  said they are starting this type of  thing and it was a screwup to detain the OP.  watch yourselves.

Fuck.  That.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ppl, we need to stop voting these morons in.  Sheriff Tom Dart is a lawyer with no law enforcement experience.  This bozo doesnt care about the murders and spike in crime since he has been sheriff.  He hires all his lawyer buddies and wifes friends with no law enforcement experience in 6 figure salaries as stupidvisors.

Ever since he has been sheriff he made around 100 new director jobs to ppl with political connections.  If you are a thug in the cook county jail you now get cable tv, guitar lessons, nintendo wii, more programs, free hormone shots for tranny's, weekly trips to local salons for trannys (they have needs), better food, basketball tournaments, chess tournaments, tilapia farm, garden, they are now called customers instead of inmates...no joke guys.  If your an inmate u can say and do anything to deputies, staff, or other inmates, and most likely nothing can happen, if a staff member swears at you you can write them up.  Free medical, heart transplants, liver transplants (even if you have late stages of Aids), dermotoligy visits, all the pyshch meds u want, braces, plastic surgery, everything you want at tax payer expense....lets keep on voting him in.  No wonder they dont care if you go to jail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The City of Chicago has the highest violent crime rating in the nation, and a large portion of that problem is illegal guns in criminals' hands.

Not Detroit? haha
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top