Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What's the status on the water line at the farm? Do we need to plan on a little repair on it? fullclip

It's still in the same state we left it in.  The large break in the line on the Thompson farm still needs to be repaired, and the water company still needs to install the meter....  We have WAY too much sweat and money invested to back off now, but we will have to let ETH work with the water company to resolve the situation.  

Besides, this looks like a party weekend, not a work weekend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do we need any targets?  I have an old electric dryer in my garage.  It works but I was going to give it away.

There is a junk gulley already with stuff like that.  We typically shoot out in an open wheat field.  The best targets are steel plates, and hangin steel frames/targets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do we need any targets?  I have an old electric dryer in my garage.  It works but I was going to give it away.

There is a junk gulley already with stuff like that.  We typically shoot out in an open wheat field.  The best targets are steel plates, and hangin steel frames/targets.

Oh.  Otherwise, I could try to get some mid-level managers from my employer up in Ourkansas.

Heh  We can tell them it's a "Team Building Exercise"
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FALARAK, thanks for posting the video...I just wet my undies.

I swear that was the first time that I saw that video, as well!

Way to go, FALARAK!

That was mighty awesome, indeed!

What the hell? I snail-mailed you the CD with the video on it, EricThe(Forgetful)Hun.

I go through all the trouble of making the video, mailing it to you, and FALARAK gets the credit? Hmph.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in, I'm planning to be there!  Mojo, you got a copy of that video?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What video?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What videomemo?

You didn't the memo???  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I had to take down the link.  You guys are KILLING my DSL line.

Zhukov - you got a link to that video somewhere?

Whats really messed up, is I took that link off a couple days ago... and I am STILL getting at least 20 hits a day on that one file.  My website is getting crushed by that damn thing!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had to take down the link.  You guys are KILLING my DSL line.

Zhukov - you got a link to that video somewhere?

Whats really messed up, is I took that link off a couple days ago... and I am STILL getting at least 20 hits a day on that one file.  My website is getting crushed by that damn thing!  

Nope - sorry. I don't have a host. IM brass. I think he hosted it too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
If I get my new weekend friendly job then I would be in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I can make this one. RH
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If your slow-riding ATV ass would have been able to keep up with us at 2 in the morning, you too could have found out....

How many are bringing ATV's?  I'm gonna try my best to make it for a couple days, but would hate to lug the 4 wheeler and be the only one....

Mr Hun, whats the rules on utility quads?

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Midnight gunfight, blind you on a rainy night
Steep grade up ahead, ain't making no time...

Geez, I come here to get away from that shit.  What's your home 20 and I'll come park under your window and idle my truck all night
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your slow-riding ATV ass would have been able to keep up with us at 2 in the morning, you too could have found out....

How many are bringing ATV's?  I'm gonna try my best to make it for a couple days, but would hate to lug the 4 wheeler and be the only one....

~Crpdeth

Bring it!  There are lots of little area to ride on... not really an ATV mecca, but you will get to see more of the place.  Just dont "explore" downrange when the shootin starts!

Besides, its nice to have there to run out to the 500yd mark and check/fix targets!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Crpdeth

Bring it!  There are lots of little area to ride on... not really an ATV mecca, but you will get to see more of the place.  Just dont "explore" downrange when the shootin starts!

Besides, its nice to have there to run out to the 500yd mark and check/fix targets!

Well if this is gonna turn into "ETH's off road adventure" should I throw the KLR on the back of the suburban??  Then we could do mounted drills ala USMC
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Well Lesse...Wheat=Flour=Dough+NUTS see, they were just tring to do him a favor!

Heh Heh, okay I'll add my baby to the list of things to load up, providing that I can go.

Oh yeah...Ilikelegs: thanks for turning my attention to this get together.

~Crpdeth
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool, another excuse to run screaming from Wisconsin and back into the warm bussom of Mother Texas - with GUNS!

Assuming the little complication I'm dealing with now (a result of Monday's gallbladder removal) is resolved by then (long story...), I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll probably be there, and bringing a friend or two.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Holy huge amount of people Hun Man!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Yeah, I even think a couple of my Masonic Brothers from Wylie will be coming up!

It should be a pretty nice weekend, all around.

I just hope that the weather cooperates!

But, Hades, we can handle anything that's thrown at us, right?

Right ?

Eric The(SoundsOfCricketsChirping)Hun

Sunshine, cloudy, rain, wind, frost, hail, 28 degrees at sun up on Thanksgiving morning and 105 degrees on the 4th of July, mud up to your ass, and 1/2" cracks in the ground from lack of rain.  Been there.  Done that.  About the only weather I have not seen at the farm is snow and tornados.  HOWEVER, I have no doubt that snow AND tornados are reasonably common there.  

Thanks, ETH, for letting me experience the delight that is the Hun Farm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Dammit!

I will step off the plane in Dallas on the fucking 22nd, on my way to Seattle. Fuck! If it was only three or four days earlier!

I missed Gunstock for a girl who fucking decided to go back to her boyfriend, and I missed the Hun Farm shoot in April cause my brother is a fucking pussy and wanted to go home from AZ and skip Texas.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Dammit!

I will step off the plane in Dallas on the fucking 22nd, on my way to Seattle. Fuck! If it was only three or four days earlier!

I missed Gunstock for a girl who fucking decided to go back to her boyfriend, and I missed the Hun Farm shoot in April cause my brother is a fucking pussy and wanted to go home from AZ and skip Texas.

Apparently all those thrusts per squeeze arent' high quality... sorry bro!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Is the 20-21 date confirmed as THE dates? It's my weekend off, I could make that. Be nice to finally meet some fellow ARFCOMmers. Mapquest says it's like 15 hrs. I'm thinking at 75-80 MPH it'd be more like 13 . It would still be a long drive alone from the Chicago area though. Anyone else up this way going and feel like carpooling?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Is the 20-21 date confirmed as THE dates? It's my weekend off, I could make that. Be nice to finally meet some fellow ARFCOMmers. Mapquest says it's like 15 hrs. I'm thinking at 75-80 MPH it'd be more like 13 . It would still be a long drive alone from the Chicago area though. Anyone else up this way going and feel like carpooling?

Mapquest rule of thumb:  Take off one hour for every ten.  If you eat on the go, one hour for every 7.

If you drive like most off duty cops, one hour for every 5.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#34]
If you are pretty sure you can make it, add your name to the bottom of 82nd ABN's list!

DPeacher
Doublefeed
1Gunrunner
ETH
TRG
Mojo
Legs
FALARAK
The Gloftoes
Adam_White
Zhukov
fullclip
THR-Thumper
Lady_K
wganz
JohnnyP
zitface
SigZiggy
bigkracka
raskwon
DVDTracker
TexRdnec
SmallChange
nationwide
Thunderchild
mm38
StykUrHedUp
No4
82ndAbn
ladyrt007
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mapquest rule of thumb:  Take off one hour for every ten.  If you eat on the go, one hour for every 7.

If you drive like most off duty cops, one hour for every 5.

I do. But I usually take a good hour or so break and have a good sit down meal on a long trip like that. I'm betting almost 13 hrs on the dot. Gonna wait til tomorrow to see what the in-car nav system tells me it'd be.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Three questions while I'm pondering this thing:

1) Is it safe to drive a low-slung street car up the farm road (without an unreasonably high risk of getting stuck and/or losing a tire?), or should I find a freind with a truck?

2) Would it be advisable to bring a small tent or something, or is this cabin generally big enough to put a roof over everyone, or..?

3) Aside from beer, guns, strippers, stripper clips, what would be the most useful thing to bring out with me in said car or truck?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

1) Is it safe to drive a low-slung street car up the farm road (without an unreasonably high risk of getting stuck and/or losing a tire?), or should I find a freind with a truck?

Most people drive their cars with zero issue.  I know LT left his camaro out at the entrance to the farm, but he is a wuss.    No truck needed.  If it rains... everyone will be getting stuck anyway.

2) Would it be advisable to bring a small tent or something, or is this cabin generally big enough to put a roof over everyone, or..?

Bringing a tent is adviseable.  Cabin is decent sized.... but only a few beds, and those go pretty quickly.  If you dont have one, you can always find a place on the floor of the cabin.... or sleep on the table.  

3) Aside from beer, guns, strippers, stripper clips, what would be the most useful thing to bring out with me in said car or truck?

Water.  There is no running water or electricity... so keep in mind, this is the same as any rustic camping trip.  Just bring what you need to be comfortable....  water, food, any camping gear, etc.  There is a state park nearby to take a shower and use real porcelain, if desired.  I find.... with every trip, the more I go out there.... the less I bring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Sounds good.  Every trip I've planned recently has been cancelled at the last minute for some stupid reason, maybe I'll make this one
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:21:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You DON'T have a truck???

My friend, it's like LAW in Texas to drive a "non" car-like vehicle.

Hell, when I first moved to Texas in '02, the first thing I did was lose the Firebird and aquired a pickup truck suitable for gun-racking.

Some people!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You DON'T have a truck???

My friend, it's like LAW in Texas to drive a "non" car-like vehicle.

Hell, when I first moved to Texas in '02, the first thing I did was lose the Firebird and aquired a pickup truck suitable for gun-racking.

Some people!!!

I work in downtown Houston, where I consider it a crime to drive a truck.  You should see the shiny, spotless, never-seen-anything-but-pavement gargantuan dually pickups some of these businessmen park in my parking garage where there's barely enough room for two small cars to pass each other or park next to each other easily.

I guess really I should own both, but that's life.  The car's a Trans-Am and I drive it like I'm in an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard most of the time, does that redeem me at all?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I drive a Nissan Maxima and I drove in when some people with 4-wheel drive got stuck. I was country when country wasn't cool and I know how to drive it like it is stolen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Crpdeth

i have 3 i could bring......but Zhuk has to promise to take a safety course first, wear a Sponge Bob reflective helmet and attach the 10 foot orange "here i am" flag to the bike he would be riding.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Hmm, this sounds like a good time. I just might have to go.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top